The World As We Know It
[html]
You can see her whenever it rains

From Rome to New Orleans dancing on the graves
___ The human city, the land of mystery and intrigue that now lay in shambles, the quickly ageing unnatural playground of glass and brick. It was a strange place to say the least, and had tempted wolves' curiosity for years. She recalled that Syemv had made its home here after some time, a pack which had been founded on the basis of human ingenuity. The very pack, once a clan, had come from across the ocean on a boat of human ideas, sailed to these lands with their humanistic ideals, and became a pack after some time. A once thriving specie had left their fingerprints all over the world, but nature was quickly taking back what was once theirs. Grass grew between cracks in the pavement, and trees were no longer restricted to growing outside buildings, as there were some that had pushed small houses over, growing around the corpse of a home.
___ Even with all the destruction that made the human city a mess, it was still interesting as ever, if more so. Hidden walls were revealed over time, and Tayui had even found some interesting objects in a safe. Cracked up paper of varying colours, glittering gems, and curious objects she had only read about in books.
___ With these thoughts in mind, Tayui was fairly certain she knew why Kieran was here. For much the same reason as Tayui, the mystery of the unknown beckoned, and they had followed the guiding light that was slowly fading into the distance.
___ "I'm here for very much the same reason as you. I'm looking for some human books, if I can find any. You can learn quite a bit about humans just from exploring these parts; the buildings say a lot about them." She did not mention that their written work also spoke volumes. Like the Greek philosopher, Protagoras, said, man is the measure of all things. Whether this was true anymore, or if had ever been, was up for debate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread