earn your legs
[html]

It was a miracle that Arda had made it this far. His resting place at AniWaya's town hall sat a few yards away from the spot he was at now - limping the tiny distance had taken the old man the higher part of 40 minutes, with a few breaks in between. Already, he creaked and wheezed. Rheumy gold eyes focused on the overhanging branch of a tree. His pink tongue lolled out of his jaws as he panted from the effort of the walk, black gums shining with drool. His red-and-grey coat had developed a misting of sweat and he shook his body weakly in an attempt to rid himself of the wretched damp feeling.

He stared up at the branch longingly, eyes roving over the gentle curve, the strength of the tree limb. The ancient man wished for nothing more than the energy to shift that moment, so that perhaps he might have that branch. He'd been staring around the area at the entrance to the Town Hall for the last few hours, searching for a branch that might be reachable in the few trees. He had thought perhaps he might be able to reach this one in Lupus form, but in his impatience he had misjudged.

Oh how he longed for his leg back. For a few years back on the clock. If he could just hop up against the thin trunk he might reach it, but the very thought of the effort caused his body to protest. This particular branch would have made the perfect walking stick, he was sure of it. And he knew he would need a cane before he could even think of shifting. Despite his still weak condition, Arda was determined to prove his worth to his new pack, though he had met few members. They had been kind enough to let an old man rest, most definitely.

But the lazy life of an elder sounded worse than death, and he would need to be back on his feet eventually, limp or no limp. He feared deeply that his hands would go soft from lack of use - he longed to challenge stone once more. Rest. He needed it, but rest was such a waste of time for a wolf so old. He was running out of time as it was - there was no time for rest.

Eyes flashed in frustration, paws scratching the ground. He felt like throwing a fit, so mad at himself as he was. He wished he could stomp around and scream at someone like a child. No one knew the definition of failure until they could not break a simple sturdy branch off a tree. He growled softly, and the smoke of his voice seemed to echo in the quiet of the evening.

Eh. Sorta pointless, but Arda needs to meet some peoplez. He needs a cane too, so I guess I'm trying to shoot two birds with one stone and all. And also, I wasn't sure of how many trees were in the area, but I figured there had to be at least one or a little stubby silly one. Hmmf.

<style type="text/css">
.table-b01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9AE9E; letter-spacing:1px; }
.table-b01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.table-b01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.table-b01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i37.tinypic.com/2sb7bpv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCC99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread