oh pilot of the storm
[html]

He froze at the name, a bandage slipping easily from his scarred fingers. Hadn't Inferni and Dahlia settled their disputes? The last he had heard, Haku had been run out of his royal seat as Rosea and sent off into the wilderness alone; the cyclops understood his son to have taken up the pack and rearranged the pack to suit a new future outside of Haku's dreadful reign. Dahlia de Mai's borders lay closer to Phoenix Valley than others, and yet the cyclops had not yet made it a point to go and meet his little half-nephew, if he could be called that. Haku's existence had simply slipped from his mind; it disappointed him that Gabriel had not called on him for help after the Patriarch had offered it against Haku, but the Inferni Aquila was prideful and independent. It was highly unlikely that the clan would ever find themselves desperate enough to ask for help, let alone help from a bunch of loony pacifists like Phoenix Valley.

Caustic acid seemed to drip from the spitted word, which hung like mist in the air amidst silence. After some time Jefferson returned to his work, thoughts refilling his mind like water. "My little half-brother," Jefferson sighed, though he practiced caution in admitting the words. Inferni coyotes were unpredictable, and the cyclops might not have put it past this mystery scarred woman to jump at his throat simply for being related to the blue-eyed monster. "I thought he was dead. Inferni is in good hands; Gabriel is watching over it. I think it'll be safe enough for one night away."

Finally he stepped back, briefly admiring his work. He was no healer and he had not done anything terribly complicated or drastic, but what bandages and herbs he had thrown on her wounds would serve the purpose well enough. "There. Couldn't let a fellow cyclops bleed to death." They shared more than their single eyes, of course; the Inferni woman, though older, shared just as many scars as he. She had seen bad days as well.

<style type="text/css">
.jeffleaves b {font-weight:bold; color:#2e1d17; letter-spacing:1px;}
.jeffleavestooctext {font-style:italic; color:#50473c; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.jeffleaves p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jeffleaves {margin:0 auto; width:365px; background-color:#805340; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... azetop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2F2426; padding: 137px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#39251d; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread