oh pilot of the storm
[html]

He had always made an effort to present Phoenix Valley as a welcoming community despite the one-eyed idiot's actual presentation of himself; he was the bane of his lovely pack's existence, the disfiguring scar on what would have been a perfect place, and he still he ruled there. Perhaps, he had decided long ago, a loony daydreamer would not have been able to run a pack properly, and that was all Phoenix Valley was ever home to, thus Jefferson remained as the solitary creature aside from the rest, a necessary piece of the architecture that stood out blatantly, yet was a necessary piece of the structure.

But he had tried to make Phoenix Valley a desirable place, somewhere even strangers could see as harmless and unthreatening. His green eye studied the fellow cyclops, dawdling on her words; Phoenix Valley had nowhere the reputation Inferni did, but when it came to the pack and clan's interactions, he supposed it was excusable that Kaena would see them beneath a dark light. They had a history, no doubt, and she seemed as dedicated to Inferni as he was to Phoenix Valley—and yet they remained, still and serene, as if said histories were suddenly pushed behind. Jefferson was not filled with sentimental hopes and inspiration; his green eye simply gazed on, indifferent, apathetic.

"Our packs have a history, I'm sure you'll know," he said, turning back to the window. There was no point in suppressing the truth or beating around the bush. "I've seen enough bloodshed for ten lifetimes. I don't want to see anymore war and argument. All I've ever wanted for us is peace." A pause, an extended sigh. "A former subleader of mine was reckless. I didn't like fighting Gabriel on his behalf." Jefferson dipped his head next, and quickly fell silent. What did Kaena think of they?

He raised his head once more, turning on his heel to look her in the eye. "Do you see us as the bloodthirsty type?"

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread