only a fool would wish for the world.
[html]

A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.

Again, unease: but now, it was growing. It was a chronic infliction now that she had entered this stage of her life, the mid-life crisis. While she had hoped visiting the scarred coyote-woman would soothe her nerves, it was only serving to aggravate her even more. When she looked at Kaena, she saw countless battles and wars carved right on to her body. And when she looked at herself, gazing upon her pale fur and now scar-free appearance, she could only think of how little she had done in her life and how it now meant so much.

Kaena’s apprehension seemed to grow in response to Tayui’s words, and for a moment, Tayui worried that she would be thrown out of Inferni. What was she thinking, yelling demands and insults at the borders? She had to be some special kind of fool to think that it would make everything alright. She didn’t even know Kaena that well, and this was only the third time she had ever spoken to the woman. She was demanding too much from her and with no rewards or ways of saying “thank you.” She was indeed a special kind of fool. She had nothing to offer and nothing to trade.

But perhaps that was not the problem. She promised Tayui his death again and referenced others who had been touched by his evil ways. Tayui nodded in reply and tried to look grateful; but the only emotion she could muster was bitterness.

Kaena spoke again, surprising the pale AniWayan once more – this woman was full of surprises! Tayui chuckled quietly to herself, amused with her own joke. It seemed as though her sense of humour was getting drier and blacker by the minute if this could get a laugh out of her.

“Blood, as you said. I want to be able to be the one to make him bleed,” she replied fiercely. “I need to improve my fighting skills, if you’d like to teach me,” she replied, adding the caveat as an afterthought. She did not want Kaena to feel obligated.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread