[M] [P] Pain is a God.
[html]

WC: 535. Sorry for the wait, have replied to your inbox msg also Smile

Lucia stared blankly at the femme in front of her. She seemed to tower above the puissant form of the ebony outsider, who had taken refuge in the foetal position on the ground. The pounding of her heart felt like bullets through her chest with each beat, the pressure marks which had once resided on her stomach now bruising beneath her fur. Lucia’s eyes began to fade again, their spark no longer dancing happily as it had done the last time these two women had met. Now, all that remained was the cold glassy glimmer of hate and loathing, for both the male who had hurt her, and for herself – for she had clearly not been strong enough to prevent such a situation from occurring.

The silence had flowed between them gracefully, a strange contrast but it allowed Lucia time to gather her thoughts. She had begun to panic at the concept of losing her lover, but with this new found space in the moment, she could feel her nerves settling and her sanity beginning to return. Watching the hybrid, Lucia tilted her head slightly, a grimace of pain on her face – movement hurt for the time being, and though at the time it had seemed not so bad, the beating clearly was more severe than she first thought.

It had occurred to the ebony female that in her moment of madness, the panic shortly before, that the woman had retreated slightly. Dropping her auds to her skull, Lucia stared guiltily at the female who wished to help her. The sensation of her hand entwined with the grey woman’s felt reassuring, relaxing – almost a cure to the pain she felt inside. “I’m sorry,” whispered the dark she-wolf quietly, her voice no louder than the faint buzz of a bee as it danced from flower to flower, making the world go round. “I didn’t mean to scare you – I just,” she paused, dropping her gaze, her head following. She looked so pitiful. “—I just don’t know how to think, what to feel… I’m lost in this agony, and all I can seem to think about is revenge. Why would someone do this?” She frowned to herself, trying to fit the pieces together. “If he loves Snake as much as he claimed, why let me live? The shame? The bitterness? I don’t understand his tactics – do you?”

Their conversation was cut short however – Lucia’s words jammed by the sudden burst of pain that shot through the spine of the ebony prowler. Crying out, a snarl in her scream of pain, the outsider felt Kaena’s arm slide around her. “Damn,” she hissed, not intentionally sounding harsh, but the distortion clear as her body began to throb throughout. “That was not something I want to experience again,” Her voice had a lightheartedness to it – she didn’t want to be ungrateful to the mother of the Aquila. It wasn’t just that though, Lucia knew that. Lucia knew that she considered this female a friend, and whether the feelings were returned or not, it mattered not. She was just grateful to have someone. After all, Snake had been absent in her life for some time now.

“Where are we going?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread