memories inside a spiral notebook
[html]
<style type="text/css">#savina{width:400px; background-color:#050b2a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ina1-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:none; margin:auto; border:1px solid #000000;}#savina p{color:#367697; font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height:14px; text-indent:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;}#savina b{color:#69afc2;}#savina i{color:#69afc2; float:right;}</style>
300+

She didn't really ever ask her brother about how things were with his children and their mother. Sometimes she felt bad, and guilty, for not inquiring after the welfare of her nieces and nephew, but it was one of the ways that she had learned to cope with the situation. It was not that she didn't care about the four children her brother had sired, not at all, she just still had a hard time accepting the fact of the other half of their parentage. Savina would never be able to forgive or forget what Naniko had done, and the farther away from the subject they stayed, the better. Besides, she trusted if anything of great importance came up that Ehno would share it with her. Part of her still wished that at least some of the kids would decide to come live with their other half of the family at some point, but that had not happened. It was hard to feel connected to them when she had only met them once.

Today was about them though, and not the problems that had driven a temporary wedge between them. Savina wanted to focus on happier subjects, and she was certain her brother did as well. There had been more than enough drama between them as of late, now they needed to enjoy the simple pleasures of life together. The Marino matron snorted at her sibling's retort. "Ride a few out alone in the belly of a ship and then you tell me if you think it's so fun," she responded, sticking out her own tongue at him for good measure. Gods, she had missed this. Joking around with him, teasing one another. It warmed her heart, to know that they hadn't lost this completely. Hopefully nothing would ever happen to drive them so far apart again.

Savina paid careful attention as Ehno explained how to row the boat with the oars to her. As he demonstrated how to hold the oar, she looked back at her own hands and adjusted her grip accordingly. Watching as he did an experimental stroke, she smiled. That didn't look too difficult at all. "Alright, I think I should be able to manage that. Let's get going!" she exclaimed. Gripping her oar carefully she dipped it over to her side of the small boat and began to row as her brother had instructed her, hoping she was doing it right.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread