merely degenerates [p]
[html]

Word Count → 368 :: Old or not, I'm still having fun with the thread. XD Even if it turned out different than we wanted (weren't they supposed to argue or something? I don't even remember :O). If you want to close it, though, feel free! We could OOC end it, whatever you'd like.

The boy snorted, finding little to disagree about with Ezra's statement. “Absolutely,” he said. As much as he idolized books and enjoyed thinking about humans, Harlowe would never wish for their return, and he would always be glad for their absence. After all, he knew what they had been prior to the apocalypse event and becoming Luperci. The boy could not imagine what it was like living without hands, and he loathed to think his ancestors had spent every waking hour of every day on four legs. It was inconceivable to Harlowe, who spent so much time with his muzzle firmly embedded into a book or a notebook.

The youth listened in interest to the male speak of his life experience, and Harlowe was honestly surprised to hear of a place where there were not Luperci. He wondered what it would be like growing up in such a place, and he was honestly surprised by Ezra's intellect. He would not have expected one who grew up in a place where they could not read books to be so eloquent. The boy was humbled a bit, and he gaped at Ezra, once again amazed he could find common ground with the man. “Clothes are ridiculous,” Harlowe said, punctuating the statement with a rare laugh. He could not imagine wearing such things; the tan werewolf could hardly keep himself from openly mocking those who chose to adorn garments.

“I like it. I couldn't shift until I was six months old. It was terrible not having hands,” he said, frowning and looking down at his own. “Before my first shift, though, I was afraid I would fall over on my face,” the boy admitted, shifting from one foot to the other nervously and gazing down at them, unable to meet the stranger's eyes. “But when you shift, even if it's your first time -- it's still your body. Different shape, but you still know how to work it.” True, it had taken some time for truly fine motor skills to develop in Harlowe's Optime form, but it was not as if he had fallen to the ground with no idea of how to work his muscles, as he had once feared.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread