The day she came home was a beautiful day
[html]<style type="text/css">#vesle{width:460px; padding:10px; margin:auto;}#vesle p, #vesle i{line-height:13px; font-family: cambria, arial, calibri, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#333333;}</style>
Big Grin

By the second, she felt less and less insecure in her cousin's presence. How long had she been gone? Not that long, probably, but everything felt strange and familiar here at the same time. Conor was kind, she knew that. They were all nice to her, so why did she feel so strange about it? She needed a slap across the face, probably. The alpha said they'd had a nice summer, and she said nothing, remembering her own summer. It had been nice, but not all the time, and it was certainly broken now. Gray irises looked behind Conor in glances, as if she could remember the different trees and roots and stones on the ground, but she had only been at the borders once before, always staying well inside the pack boundaries, having grown up in a time of war. "Thank you... I was thinking maybe I could live in the city somewhere." One house in particular came to mind, but she didn't say that. Conor was clever, though, and he'd probably know what she meant, and at that realization she blushed a little, not at all concealable underneath her light gray fur.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread