The Lost Moon
Thank you for replying~ I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of fun here :3

The pale fingers of dawn stretched brightly forth when Ralla heard the voice from beyond the wire fence. The crescent moon was setting slowly on the horizon, and it was picturesque to see the contrast; on one side of the border the night, the other the day. If this was not a sign from her powers she did not know what was.

"Greetings, Chief Dawali. I am Ralla of the Moon Tribe," she said boldy to the tall luperci before her. In many ways he resembled the luperci of the Moon Tribe--tall, decorated with feathers and beads--but in others, he did not. A force pulled at Ralla's heart, but when she looked to see what made it so, she only saw a haze shift and form around the chief's shoulder. She quirked her head to the side--curious, so sure that something was there...--but dismissed it for the task at hand. The male's gold eyes, however hooded from sleep, were sharp, and Ralla knew that words must be tread on carefully. Despite this, her own eyes became sharper and more narrowed; a habit taught to her by her brother when confronted by a leader or enemy. She herself did not think much of this; in fact, she believed it made her look more...certain. 'It hides your insecurities,' the voice of her brother echoed in her mind. And it pained her to know that little things like that would always follow her...

"I am here to ask admittance to the AniWaya tribe. I know that you do not know me, but I ask for at least a chance to prove my worth." Even with those formal words--the etiquette ingrained into her mind from a young age--Ralla was nervous, and began to sheath and unsheath her claws to sift through the dirt as per her other and most common quirk. With the rising sun, her pelt began to shimmer a little, and she felt even more vulnerable with the lost shadow of night. The fence, tall as it was, was easily jumpable by either party, and it afforded little protection if Ralla's sign-perception was wrong and the chief was not as friendly as he appeared.

'Coward,' her brother's voice echoed in her mind. 'The venom of the snake is the antidote!' And his words stung more than the venom. 'Coward,' he then said with brotherly affection.

'You need to try harder,' her father's voice replaced her brother's. 'The tribe will be depending on you one day, and I will not be there to guide you.' That one thought--that one suggestion that she would be cut off from family and friends and other wolves...forever--terrified Ralla's very being.

"Please...I...I can't go back..." With the confidence in her voice lost, Ralla's ears drooped a little. She needed so desperatly to find a pack where she could make her own path; unhindered by the fate that was named to her since birth. She would embrace her power, but she would not let anyone tell her what to do with it. But with this came that nagging uncertainty; something she, as a Shaman, could not ask the moon or stars for because her own fate was not hers to see, but to make. And going back--branded as a traitor--was something she never would want in her life.

"The place I left behind...is no longer for me."

Messages In This Thread