The Lost Moon
[html]
Note that your wolf's ability cannot be 'true', as in, the ability exists in the cahracter's mind, and not as a reality. In terms of such abilities, we apply the human world to our characters. Of course, your character can believe very strongly that she had abilities, and read signs everywhere that confirms this and so on (Dawali is a healer, and believes very strongly in the power of the chant, and the existence of helpful and malevolent spirits, although it is true only to him, if you get what I mean), but the ability cannot truly exist Smile Does that make sense? It shouldn't really hinder your roleplay, but I thought you should know :3

He remained silent for the time she spoke, and his yellow irises flew to the mark on her forehead when she mentioned it, trained eyes now noticing with ease that it was a fresh mark, and not an old one. In the darkness he had thought it was a marking of the fur, dyes or a tattoo, but he could see it now, in the moonlight. Clearly, this female came from a place very different from AniWaya, but Dawali was not surprised to hear of their brutality. Warriors had sometimes brought war prisoners home to the Great Tribe and put them on display, used them as slaves or working-men and so on, and some of them had markings, too. One of them had been covered in "holy scars" and inflicted wounds on himself at the command of the other prisoners from the same tribe, claiming it was his calling. It was just one of many stories from other tribes, and while the Great Tribe wasn't innocent, either, none of their members were ever forced to harm themselves, or exclude themselves for the rest of their lives. Family was key, and forcing someone to solitude was just plain cruelty. Surely, the other shamans of that tribe had to go mad, in time, with no one to speak to? Dawali nodded at her without words, knowing now that she was unlikely to harm his own tribe, for her reasons to run away were legit. "I see." He paused, instinctively studying the mark they put on her. "What skills did they teach you, in your training? Anything useful to us?" It felt cruel to ask this of someone who had nobody, but winter was approaching, and he needed to know that all his members could do their share for the survival of the tribe.

<style type="text/css">
.Dawalit b {font-weight:normal; color:#ea5b06; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Dawalitooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Dawalit p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Dawalit {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teepee.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread