A New World
[html]

Yay~

"Such a lovely sight, isn't it?"

Skye jerked her head in the direction of the voice that had spoken so suddenly out of the blue. There, just inside the skull-lined border, was a jackal. She was completely black, save for a red stripe running down her nose and splashing onto the bridge of her snout, and Skye involuntarily took a step back. She knew about pack lands - she wasn't an idiot. As long as she wasn't inside the territory, she wasn't trespassing. And as long as she wasn't trespassing, this jackal couldn't attack her.

Right?

Skye swallowed. Was this a sort of question she was supposed to answer? Or was it a warning, a warning to her to get out of here? She glanced at the canine in a sort of confused defeat. If she thought the sight of skulls, impaled on sharp sticks, was 'lovely', she couldn't be very friendly.

The she-wolf already felt herself yearning for the small cottage she'd called home for so long. She yearned for the safety of four walls, instead of the dangerous, wide wild that was Souls. But most of all, she yearned for her parents, who would know what to do in this situation. They lived in this before. Why couldn't she figure out the answer?

Without thinking, she answered the jackal. "No, not..." She stopped herself. What was she thinking? What kind of idiot was she? "I mean...I don't...I-I..." Great. Just great. She cut herself short before she could say anything to enrage this member of the seemingly vicious pack.

<style type="text/css">
.beachTable b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachTable i {font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic; color:#FFD08B; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.beachTable p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 30px; margin:0px;}
.beachTable {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#C19E70; background-image:url(http://i30.tinypic.com/5xth1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFD08B; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#3C575A; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.beachTable-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #3C575A; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread