Don't Worry 'Bout Me
[html]

Now I feel like a horrible person. XD I am absolutely not going to lie, your post made me tear up. TT-TT We can haz make-it-all-better thread, yesyes? D: Btw Ghita's out at the end of this post to correspond with another thread I had before this one ended. ^^; Also, let me know if Ghita can actually 'ground' Aro... XD;
Wc: 864

Once Ghita began her railing on her son, she was unable to stop. All of the anxiety, anger, fury, worry, and hopelessness that had descended on her moments earlier, extending from the time that Aro went missing until now just balled up and rolled on out, her emotions in the driver's seat, Ghita unable to employ the brakes. She saw her son's shoulders slump, she saw him hurt desperately, but it was almost as if she saw it from a distance. Didn't he understand what he had done to her? To Jazper? He was an immature brat - he had proved this by going to Dahlia de Mai, disobeying his parents, and even now, but he would never understand his mother's anguish. Maybe, one day, if he ever sired pups and showed half the amount of love that Ghita felt for her own son, maybe he'd be able to understand her right now.

Maybe.

When her son - her son, her flesh and blood and one of the three wolves who meant more to her than the entire world put together began to snarl at her, a more rational Ghita would've stepped back and calmed herself down. A more rational Ghita would've stopped her rant and punished him for that, right there. But it wasn't a rational Ghita in charge right now - a blast from the past of the headstrong, fiery woman that Ghita had been before mellowing in Crimson Dreams had taken her place. She had begun panting, now, flanks heaving with both the emotional and physical exertion that she had been put through. And her panting was only made worse as Aro began to talk back at her, returning her emotions tenfold.

As much as she wished that she could deny it - Aro was right. No matter what Aro or Sophia did, from now until the mother took her last, dying breath, their actions would be firmly planted on her shortcomings. What she had or hadn't taught her children. What they did or didn't think of the world. And until now, the agouti fae had thought she was doing a good job raising her pups - even though she was a first-time mother, she wasn't all bad. But it was the tiny voice of doubt that returned, that whispered in her ears that what was unfolding in front of her now was all the mother's fault. But now his rebellion surfaced, and the fae who moments before had been panting had settled into an icy sort of calm, the one right before the wave of emotion hit. "You. Will. Not. You, Aro, are grounded, and are not to leave Crimson Dreams' territory or go beyond Tallermein's cottage for a fortnight. If you break this, so help me, your punishment will not be on my shoulders nor your father's or your aunt's, but your pack leaders'."

This statement hung in the air as Aro took a bold step towards her, the fae pinning her ears back and letting out a feral snarl towards her kin. In handing over judgement to Savina, as the pack leader, she was methodically eliminating any soft-heartedness that a Marino might have towards the rebel rule breaker, and would make sure that Aro was treated as any wayward juvenile might be.

The mother did her best to listen to her son for now, recognizing that the situation was falling - and fast - but his last glare towards him was the last straw. Rising to her paws once more, the fae glared at her son, all the while gliding towards him the best her injured leg could allow. "Even better. You don't go pick on some random girl in a pack fresh out of a war, you go after the Leader's Daughter. Do you think he'd thank you for looking after his daughter? All he'll know is that his daughter was in trouble, and for whatever reason YOU were there! I'm not being irrational, Aro - this is the world. It isn't affected by 'shoulds' and 'well, I thought he was understanding, but whoops - I guess I'm wrong!'. You were being irrational and idiotic in crossing the borders. Do rational wolves fight in wars? Do you even have an idea how the war started, or are you throwing around random garble that you have no clue about?"

Throwing her son a look that would be affective in silencing a lesser wolf, she now stood to the left side of him, her shoulder matched up with his. Glaring at him with turquoise eyes which once had been so warm and loving turned icy cold, there was only a hint of regret behind her eyes, without the slightest waver in her voice. "Jazper, you deal with him. I can't even be around you right now, Aro." Shaking her head, she let her cranium dip slightly towards the ground, in nothing mimicking a subordinate's manner, but a statue of a wolfess with the weight of the world on her shoulders. Ignoring her son now, she stalked out of the doorway, careful to let it slam just after her mate could see the tears brimming in the bottom of her saddened, broken eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.ghitagift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf1f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #93a8bb; }
.ghitagift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#739bb5; text-align:center;}
.ghitagift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ghitagift01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b2c4d5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#739bb5; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitagift01-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #454135; margin:0 auto;}
.ghitagift01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #93a8bb; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread