[j] chapter three
Name: Fennel "Peanut" Calendula
Birthday: 29 May 2007
Luperci: Yes
Species: Coyote/wolf hybrid
Secondary Contact: cabinetkitten
Current Characters: None
How'd I find Souls? Well, I've been off and on this board since 2003, I think? Tongue

Oh, and sorry this got so godawful long. I don't usually write this much, so don't feel obligated to match!

[html]

Fennel "Peanut" Calendula was starting a new chapter in her life. Of course, she wouldn't be starting it alone. Clover, her longtime pony companion, was right here with her and would be for as long as they both remained alive. In fact, it was far more likely that Clover would find a new owner by the time Peanut was long gone. But that was depressing to think about, and Peanut had no intentions of leaving her pony behind. The hybrid had heard of a place called AniWaya, and from what she had heard, it seemed like a place where she would be well protected. She hadn't left him a single word, and every day she worried that he would come after her.

Traveling along the northwestern coast, she eventually found her way to the break in the barbed-wire. Right where the other wanderer had said it would be. Glancing back past Clover, which had become quite a nervous habit for Clover, she assured herself that no, Tonic wasn't right behind her. Peanut had made much of the journey in her bipedal form, having preferred it for the last two years. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she had been on all fours. Traveling constantly with Tonic and the two ponies had clearly made her forget a thing or two about how some others preferred to live.

Clover carried most of the supplies, while Peanut kept the small leather satchel with her at all times. It contained very little, but was essential to her mental well being. Inside the worn leather pouch was flint, a couple of arrowheads, a small jade precious stone given to her by her mother and a few other knick-knacks she'd picked up along the way. Clover carried everything else, slung across his back in an old saddlebag she'd bought from a trader some time ago. It contained some sparse bedding, dried meat for snacking, a few books and the few clothes she wore when the weather grew colder. Not that she necessarily needed them, but there was something comforting about wrapping up in a wool blanket on a cold winter night.

Not wanting to wimp-out on her decision, and knowing that Tonic could be as little as a few days behind her, Peanut lifted her chin and howled into the twilight sky. Once her voice had dissipated, she turned back to watch Clover contentedly munching on the grass. That alone brought a smile to her face.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread