[j] chapter three
[html]

She hadn't expected Clover to be a problem, and she was glad to hear that the chief felt the same way. Peanut was ready for the questions that were going to be asked of her: why would anybody be willing to take her in, what value did she have compared to anybody else who came knocking on their metaphorical door. “I trained Clover myself to be both a pack pony and a ridable beast, though I rarely use him for the second. If any of your horses need guidance, I’d be more than happy to help train them. I also...” she trailed of, turning to rummage through one of Clover’s saddle bags before pulling out a handful of dried meat, which she offered to the chief. “...can make this, which will last for months if you keep it out of the heat and moisture.”

While she had other abilities, she hesitated a moment before mentioning them, if only because she wasn’t quite as confident about them. “I know of archery, although I wouldn’t say I’m anything of an expert. I haven’t touched a bow in a few weeks; it was left at my former home.” It had always been Tonic’s bow, and she had no intention of making him any more angry that he already would be now that she’d left him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread