Preparation for the Unknown
[html]

This is dated a few days after 'A Home to Call Our Own'--as the obvious dating dictates -w- However, if anyone replies to my previous posts--which I hope they will!--I will still respond as if they were still in that time. :3 Ralla is not in two places at once; time just passed by >.> Also, if anyone ever gets confused with Ralla's 'ability' (which it is not, she merely states it that way) it is because I enjoy writing in 3rd-person-limited; which means she does not know it's all in her head -w-

Ralla knew that winter was coming soon. She knew that she had to start thinking about where she would live during the snow-cold months when the red oak she currently slept in afforded no protection against the ice. Whilst that problem plagued her mind, she was interrupted by the glowing light of the Great Fire; bright and entrancing in its own right. She had been staring from afar into it, and the crackling of the coals and embers had sounded like music. The snap of sparks had sounded like the snaps of fingers, but a sound that did not belong--one she had never heard before-- strummed lowly in her sensitive eardrums. She could not describe the sounds, but she drew ever closer to the fire that had enticed her more frequently it seemed.

More commonly these days she found herself awake during the afternoon and through the moon's zenith. Maybe THAT'S why I never seem to see much of the pack. Tonight, even though she was so close to the flames, she refrained from reaching out to heat. But she stared hard until her eyes were watering once more.

Pale gold centered within the flames in Ralla's vision, and to her ears the unknown sound grew stronger. And then drums... Drums like the hunting drums from her own tribe. A steady beat that kept the tune to a pack of...of...of what...? Not wolves... But why? And what?

The things began to run down a long path that disappeared over a horizon. The road... New travels, destination, discovery... Do I...? A twig in the fire cracked and crumbled, disturbing and ending the vision. Do I...? Is it me...? A...journey...? She looked skyward to the waning moon and let her eyes wander the distant shadows on it long and hard before nodding once and running to the red oak.

Collecting her basket and filling it with her meager supplies--some berries, nuts, and a blanket she had found abandoned in one of the empty houses in the village--Ralla jumped back down from the tree and raced to the stables. This is foolish... I can't possibly survive for long on this alone... I'll have to hunt. I'll have to... And I will. Ralla's resolve, once steeled, could not be moved. Her faith in her signs and visions was absolute to her, and she needed to get ready as soon as possible.

"Hello?" She knocked fervantly on the door. In her haste, she had forgotten that it was even so late at night, and that not all wolves stayed awake as late as she. But she needed a horse; she didn't know how long this journey might last. Ralla didn't know who exactly ran the stables, but she had seen a wolf-dog taking care of the horses and livestock, although she hadn't had a chance to greet her as of yet. Well, better late than never...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread