Preparation for the Unknown
[html]

Note: This takes place after Ralla officially takes on her Gata Hineyu duties.

The stable caretaker held the doors wide open, and Ralla's eyes dilated wide to try and absorb as much light as she could; still, it was not much, and she feared tripping and making a fool of herself. Her heart was still pounding at a hundred miles per hour as she strove to sort her thoughts. "No saddle," she said, trailing off into a whisper as she took in row upon row of the beasts. Large and small horses--all appearing dark in the lack of lighting--lined the walls in their stalls; a few even whickering. I can keep up with a steady pace... I need the horse to be able to pull all the weight it can without mine to add. I'll make the journey count! When the female asked how long she would be gone, it made Ralla pause in all her thoughts.

"A week...? Two at most, surely," she said more to herself than anyone. She didn't even know where to go. The vague vision had been leading east over the horizon; the bright gold had been round...like the rising sun. And so east she would go; to whatever her vision had predicted. But one thing was clear in her mind: "I will return," she said with fervor as she faced the she-wolf, claws digging slightly into the blanket and basket. All of her duties for the day--tool maintanence and firewood delivery--had been completed, and she made a special promise to the moon that when she returned she would scrub the ceremonial stone ground clean with the special 'soaps' she was instructed to use from the fire-tender's supply as offering for her ignorance of her duties for her absence. There was more firewood kept in bulk in the Town Hall and at the base of the tree; she was sure that she could be gone and back before her duties fell too behind. Just a week... Just a week to see what the moon is urging me to see...

Her heart, as rooted as it already felt in her new pack, would always belong to the moon and stars. But like the moon returns to its peak in the night sky, she would return to the place where she felt most at home.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread