Chase your dreams but always know the road
[html]

He smiled sympathetically at her admission, though discouraged. He was her father, her caretaker; was it too much to ask that she inform him of her intentions? Jefferson could not have stopped her, though the brute knew himself well enough to predict he would have put up quite a fuss. California was a long trek from 'Souls territory; he himself had never made such a journey and trying to wrap his mind around the sheer longevity of it brought a sting to his temples. He liked to think of himself a caring father, if not just a little overprotective. Phoenix Valley was like his child he protected to no end; Addison, flesh and blood, took an even higher priority. "I understand," he sighed, a sad smile at his lips. It was too late to argue now, clearly.

The muscles of his shoulders immediately relaxed at the word "sister"—Jefferson was hardly ready to be a grandfather, finding the concept mildly terrifying. Green eye watched the flailing little blob of an animal on the ground, always mildly estranged by the little furballs. Fat and round and helpless, all of them, and yet the little girl that he still saw in the same way was now caring for one of her own. His brows furrowed, bothered. She mentioned several names that meant nothing to him but were stored nonetheless in the back of his mind, imprisoned in a cage he hoped never needed accessing. "Then I'm glad you brought her back," he said, though he was not entirely sure if he was glad at all. His daughter, caring for a pup? She was hardly aged from one herself. Why did it bother him so? "We'll find her food, Addi. Of course you can stay, as long as you work for it like everyone else." He shrugged. He was a man of fairness.

He cleared his throat next, then scratched uncomfortably at his head. "You can move back into the ranch... and Grace can stay with Pripyat, I think. Geneva wouldn't mind." The idiot looked sheepishly at the ground. "While you were gone, Geneva... uh, well, you have a little brother, I guess. He's maybe a month or two older than this one. Gives her someone to play with."

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread