falling upon deaf ears
[html]

No probs; I've been having my own delays too o.0 By the way, Ralla can't hold her liquor very well Tongue

Ralla's ears laid back for a moment when the sting in the female's voice was detected when she commented on Ralla's tree-climbing. "'You' wolves? But I smell wolf in you, too. And I suppose 'psychic' would be appropriate... A gypsy luperci I traveled with called herself that, claiming she could read minds and move things with her own. I never saw that proved, however. I, on the other hand, can divine your future possibilities. They're all subjective, though. More than 50% of the time, they're spot on. But if something changes, then the destiny changes; simple."

"...Buzzing...? Is that an acronym for the Apis constellation? That's not even a birth-sign." Flipping again, Ralla landed agilely on all fours before righting herself, using her hands to make motions to try and emphasize her passion. "A sign is one of twelve that represents a month. Likewise, other things at birth and through the life affect your paths, but the birth-sign is the most prominant. So, rather, what month were you born?" So immersed was Ralla in euphoria from the apex of her journey and from getting started on about the stars that she did not notice the sarcastic tone that the hybrid had given her. In fact, she had forgotten that she had asked for her name.

Ralla tilted her head in attention as the hybrid told her of her heritage. "But why? Is it because the wolf part is small? Wolves are a proud race that inherited the duties from the moon and reclaimed our rights from the Long Gones. Having wolf blood in you is an honor." Ralla said it in a gentle tone, reminiscing the ancient stories more than lecturing. What others thought of their heritage was none of her concern, but she wondered nonetheless about how they came to feel so about it in the first place. Upon being offered the drink called 'whiskey', Ralla turned her head slightly to the side with her ears back in calculation. "While I don't think I'd like to give up the trees, the visions aspect is...tempting." Ralla had already experienced such from the moon and Great Fire. Was this another way, like the tobacco back in AniWaya, to reach the voice of the moon and spirits? Ralla crept closer and crouched in front of the hybrid to sniff furtivly at the bottle. Shrugging, she resigned herself to trying a new experience. "Sure; why not?" The smile returned to her face. She concluded that if she wanted to know the true purpose of her journey, getting to know this hybrid was the best way. Besides, it wasn't as if she minded getting to know a new face.

Taking the bottle, she took in one gulp and nearly choked on the fire that scorched her throat. Her eyes watered as she coughed and tried to regain her focus. "T-that's poison!" she stuttered out between coughs. The liquid had gone down easy, but in its wake had been that fire. It was as if Ralla had really been drinking the Great Fire, and she thought that if she could see where the liquid had touched her lips, there would be black. She stared with a look of mixed caution, contempt, and curiosity at the whiskey bottle as the burning sensation ebbed away to be replaced by a sort of...buzz... Her ears flicked up and then down in succession when she realized that that was what the hybrid had been talking about. But for some reason, that one drink of the whiskey had left her mind...fuzzy. After a few minutes of nothing happening, Ralla concluded that since the hybrid had been drinking it, it was not, in fact, poison. But then...what was this liquid fire?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread