The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC:

The forest seemed to welcome him openly, despite him being a complete stranger in this land. He knew animals were usually afraid of his kind, but as far as he could tell they didn't seem to hasten themselves much, though he did hear something move in a tree up ahead. Could that mean there were more wolves nearby? Perhaps living here so long the animals were used to their presence? The thought excited him, tail wagging slightly but knowing there was still the possibility this pack would be hostile, turning him away from their lands or worse, causing him harm or death.

He dismissed that last thought, knowing there was only a small chance that it would happen to him. There's just as much a chance that they will be friendly. Maybe they'll accept me with open- He stopped suddenly as a slight breeze picked up, bringing along with it to his sensitive nose a scent, different from the usual scents of the forest around him. He stared around blindly, sniffing gently at the air, ears swiveling all over the place to try and pinpoint where this scent had come from. Could it be hostile? Part of the pack near here? This was one of those times that he cursed his blindness, his pup like excitement at the prospect of meeting a new pack making him forget the most crucial part of traveling, checking for scent markers so he wouldn't accidentally trespass on another's packlands. He was convinced that was what he had done.

"Is someone there? I did not mean to cross into your territory, I merely seek the land known as Nova Scotia. Please don't be offended that I passed into your territory unannounced, if you want I will turn back and find a different route to the north." After several seconds with no response from the stranger, his ears drooped slightly as he turned to head back. He doubted he would be able to find another route to the north, but maybe if he followed his scent back to where he was before, he would get lucky and be back on his way. It was a shame, he had thought he had found a home at last, but he knew he shouldn't get his hopes up. Back on the journey again, I suppose.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread