The Blind Can See
[html]

When the wolf bowed his head, Ralla unconsciously bowed hers out of politeness, though since he was blind she didn't think he'd notice the gesture at all. "Ralla, she corrected him with a smile. Over and over she told herself that gestures were meaningless, but movements and the like are so ingrained into the mind from birth that they don't stop, even if one realizes their uselessness. "Just Ralla, please."

Ralla listened intently to his explanation and nodded every so often if not only to assure herself that she understood. She could not shake the sign on his chest, but for the moment, she opted to ignore it for more pressing matters. "A den you say...? Hm..." She herself didn't know of any safe caves around the area, but she did know of the trees. More specifically, the red oak back in the pack lands. Then the idea struck her. "I'm sorry, I don't know of any safe caves not already occupied around the area. But there's a large red oak tree back in AniWaya that I'm planning on building a few huts in. I've already offered up some of the space to a friend of mine, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind sharing until we got the next hut up." She realized she was offering to share her home with a virtual stranger. She knew that it was a stupid move that she as a Shaman would've normally advised against would she have been the real Shaman of her pack. But the wolf in front of her, Kemo, appeared not that much older than she, and his obvious disability reached out to the caring instincts in Ralla. On the other hand, he would be her responsibility should anything happen in the territory, and she just couldn't open up one of the empty huts without him joining or without Chief Dawali's consent... Then again, she also realized she was asking a lot of trust from Kemo.

"If you don't want to, I'm sorry to say I am a little pressed for time... Normally I would help, but I promised myself to work extra hard lately... I know!" The thought struck her like lightening. "Come back to the village with me! I'll ask the Great Fire!" The first time the fire had given Ralla guidance she had dismissed it as the spiritual energies surrounding it, she supposed. The second time, she marked it off to the voice of the moon speaking through the fire. But lately, even during the day, the images twirled and fell in tandem, and Ralla wanted to see, to know, if she could consult the Great Fire as she did the stars and moon. "I just need to deliver the firewood and wash the ceremonial stone ground today. Afterwards, I have some free time." Dropping from the branch, Ralla came to land on all fours. To anyone else she would've looked especially awkward as she stood on all fours in optime form on gangly limbs, and she would've been more self-conscious if anyone else were watching. Not only had the crescent moon mark given her something to ponder, but Kemo's attitude just gave off that friendly vibe. It was all very surreal.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread