The Blind Can See
[html]

Love the branch bit; made me lol, too Tongue By the way, the name meanings posted here are actually pretty close to actual meanings -w- 'Tunic' is changed to 'fur', but Kemo does mean 'friend' :3 But jeez, we're just going back and forth with this thread @_@

Ralla could not help but unchararistically blush when Kemo called her name so. It was not a particularily glamorous name, and actually meant 'fine fur', and she was so named for her white pelt. How peculiar that the stranger's name would mean 'friend'. It was almost comical to see his jaw drop open after she offered her whole schpeal about coming back to AniWaya territory, and then his words made her blush so much more that she was thankful for his blindness.

"Thank you for the complement, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have my own personal reasons. Loneliness is...a cruel thing for me." Lost for a moment in her own thoughts, Ralla remembered that first day of initiation to becoming a Shaman. A few of the elders had blindfolded her to keep her from anticipating what was coming as two others calmly held her arms. Little had she known how hard those arms would clamp down when she had cried out in pain; the searing burn on her forehead the only thing she could perceive behind the darkness. And then the next day, that awful realization that she could never speak normally or be with anyone after... She supposed that that was why she was so open, after she came to Nova Scotia. She had been unable to leave Aithne alone on her first day, and she felt so attatched to those she already knew, even if they weren't as close as family or personal friends.

"That aside, I would be delighted for you to come back. And I'm sure if we asked around we could find some spare supplies." Even with that said, winter months were hard for food, but the sparing of maybe a tarp for a blanket? Surely they could spare one... When he thanked her, she shook her head and smiled. "Mm-mm; anytime. No one should be left to fend for themselves when there is someone available to help them. And thank you; I could use the help." When Kemo smiled, Ralla smiled back. And then a 'thunk' reverberated through her ears when he turned his head to pivot. Blinking a few times, Ralla had to stifle a laugh as her shoulders shook a little. It was mean, yes, but she couldn't help it.

"Come on," she said after quickly climbing the tree to fetch her axe before rejoining Kemo on the ground, walking a few steps ahead. He's gotten this far, and he reacts to sound. He should be able to follow me... "If you carry, I'll gather. Ah! Speaking of..." A crucial part of her previous words struck heavy on her. "Are you a luperci?" She was so used to most of her aquaintances being lupercis that she often forgot that not everyone was. Like Belle. There was nothing wrong with being a non-luperci, Ralla just often forgot.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread