The Blind Can See
[html]

With Kemo following her, Ralla felt better knowing she had not completely shocked him. When he said that he trusted her, she couldn't help but laugh a little. "Thank you for that. It's rare these days that wolves can trust each other so openly. But I have no reason to fight with anyone, so I don't go picking them. Here," she said as she held up the satchel containing the gifts she wanted to give to everyone. "If you hold this, I can get the firewood collecting done faster." Gently, she slipped the strap over Kemo's head and tightened it so it was loose but did not constrict his throat; rather, it hung resting on his shoulder. As she went to pick up some kindling wood, she heard his question and turned to look at him over her shoulder.

"Now there's a story. It's an old legend in our tribe, even if the ending in fairly new. It is said that once, thousands of years ago, Long Gones and wolves were friends. The moon had sent wolves to be the guardians of the Long Gones, and we hunted and protected them. But the Long Gones soon lost their purpose, and the moon forsook them. So it granted wolves, instead, the ability of the Long Gones, and the Long Gones soon died out. Not every wolf has the ability, but the moon is forgiving, and gives it to all who have the resolve to learn shifting. I've heard other names for the Long Gones, but 'man' was most prominant." While still talking, she began to swing the axe at a fallen log nearby. While light in weight, the axe was sharp, and so it suited Ralla's strength threshhold. The log was long dead anyway, but not to the point of moist decomposition. It would make good firewood, and not just the kindling sticks Ralla had found earlier. When she was done with the log, she thought it would be enough to bring back for her third outing that day. And then she could attend to her other duties. While working to get closer to the Great Fire was the carrot being dangled in front of her face, there was no doubt it was tiring work.

"Long Gones left behind so many things... Before I came here, I never even saw cars. They're like big, hulking masses of metal that don't work anymore. There's shattered glass on their fronts and weird-smelling wheels on them. I actually found one a few days ago. It had some broken pieces of bottle in it, so I decided to put them to use when I get my hut built." Skillfully from practice, Ralla knotted the wood logs to the woodstock carrier and hefted it up to her shoulders. "I've got all the wood I need for today. I'll take you to AniWaya."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread