The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC:

Kemo smiled as she thanked him for trusting her, standing still as she slipped something over his head to rest o his shoulder. It was hanging securely on his neck, but did not choke him. The object was covered with her scent, but he could pick up others as well, strange scents he had never smelled before. He tried to figure out exactly what this was hanging on his neck, but was stopped as he heard her telling the story of the Long Gones. He jumped the first time he heard something thunk against a log, but listened intently to her story, sitting down carefully so as not to disturb the contents of the thing on his shoulder. And again a memory came back to him, straight from the now apparently truthful gossip line.

"Man had been a subject of great evil within my pack's stories. Creatures who walked on their hind legs, with forepaws that could manipulate tools with much greater dexterity than Luperci, and build massive structures in the sky. They viewed all animals as prey, using their loud piercing weapons to kill without mercy any animal who got in their way. The only animals who stood a chance were the ones who stayed far away from them, birds, wolves, bears, and the animals who befriended them. Supposedly there were stories of wolves befriending humans thousands of years ago, but I had thought that impossible judging from the evil these creatures performed." Once again he was proven wrong, however.

All the while he heard the steady clunk...clunk...clunk along with her panting. Such a strange way she goes about her life. She carries a bag on her back filled with strange objects which clank and clunk with each step I take, climbs trees, and is she going to build a fire? He had nearly had a heart attack the first time Aunty had made a fire within the cave. All he could smell was smoke and felt heat building up around him, with her acting as if nothing was wrong! He had run from the cave, only returning once she had found him hiding under a pile of leaves he had fallen into. She explained to him that there was nothing to be afraid of, the fire wasn't one you found in the wilderness, raging uncontrollably. Slowly he had gotten used to the fire until he no longer panicked whenever she lit one.

Building huts? Maybe that is her words for digging a den. She did say there were no open caves around here. His ears perked as he heard her grunting slightly with the heavy weight of something which he only recognized as wood as it made that characteristic hollow thunk, then he heard her say "I've got all the wood I need for today. I'll take you to AniWaya."

He stood up, once again making sure the contents of whatever was on his back were safe from harm. "I want to let you know in the future when you need help digging your den, I would be glad to help with that. I'm ready to go to AniWaya when you are. I hope they won't mind me coming into their lands." He smiled, padding forward to indicate he would be right behind her. "Anything I can do to help with that heavy burden you are carrying?"

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread