The Blind Can See
[html]

Ralla's dilemma in this post is oh so obvious for what she should do; but she is indecisive Tongue

"Hmm..." Looking up the tree, it was hard for even Ralla to judge its height. "Who knows. Quite tall, I'd think. And even if I told you now, it'd just get taller in a day. Granted not much, but a tree's a living thing. And life is a dream." Ralla chuckled to herself on that one. The visions she saw in the night and in the fire, the signs that came; to most, it's like a waking dream, she supposed. "Most of my pack that I've met are luperci. My whole pack back home were luperci, too. But I've met non-luperci. One of them is actually my friend. She's not in this pack though..."

Ralla smiled as she watched Kemo drag the stick and prop it against the woodpile. He seems a good wolf. Looks like I won't have to worry. When Ralla offered to get Kemo food, though, she pricked her ears when his stomach growled in response. "Before we go can you wait right here for just a few minutes? I have something I need to do before I see your Chief. I won't be long, and then I will help you with whatever you need done." She made to ask what it was that he so urgently needed to do, and she instantly began to worry when he ran off without her. She wanted to follow--she knew she should've, with him being on the packlands and not a member...--but she didn't. This could either turn out really good...or really bad... Although Kemo had seemed to make it thus far without anyone to guide him, him being caught by another member without a chaperone could spell disaster. To follow or not to follow...? The answer's obvious, but a blind wolf told me to stay put... If I go somewhere out of hearing distance he won't be able to find his way back... But I could howl! But what if he fell down Adella's Rage!? In her state of worry, Ralla began to sift the dirt underneath her hind paws in and out with her claws. A nervous tune had popped through her vocal chords as she paced, debating on what to do.

Luckily, Kemo came back a few minutes later, with... "Rabbits...?" The fact that he had not one, but two healthy rabbits clamped in his jaws amazed Ralla. A lot of the animals close to the village were getting ready to hibernate, so they didn't stray too far from the Serena Reserve. "Sorry, hunting while blind is a bit different than hunting normally. This rabbit is for you, as a token of good faith, and the other fat one is a gift for your Chief, to let him know that I mean no harm to him or his people, as is customary in my pack." "While I appreciate that greatly, please don't run off again... If another one of my pack members finds you without me, it could end really bad... Chief Dawali's kind, but I doubt he'd take kindly to an unknown stranger. This, however," she said as she hefted the fat rabbit up with a smile, "may just appease him just enough. Funny; gift-giving was customary in my old pack, too. We have a lot of traditions here in AniWaya as well. Thankfully you didn't bring back a deer; that'd throw Chief Dawali for a loop."

Ralla picked up the other rabbit and held both from one hand and the strap of the woodstock carrier with the other as she led Kemo through the village to its center. "I assume you eat your meat raw since you're not a luperci?" The wood was emptied from the carrier, and Ralla's shoulders immediatly felt lighter. Stretching her arms high, she turned to duck in and then out of the Town hall to get the soap, brush, and bucket of water (which had been filled from one of the storage barrels inside). "I'll leave the rabbits to you. Watch them, eat your fill--I ate earlier, thank you--and watch the bag for me while I wash, please?" It was a simple task, but Ralla didn't want to make her new friend work on their first meeting, despite his offerings. Mixing the dried soap in with the water, she tossed the entire bucket to splash on the ceremonial stone ground before stepping carefully onto the slick surface to scrub the dirt and dust away.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread