The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC: Good thing he was back within a few minutes, not sure what would have happened if it had been longer Tongue

Kemo's ears laid back against his head as he realized he had worried her so much. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I should have realized it was a bad idea to run off on my own around here. It won't happen again." He had never heard of another pack beside his own that had such a custom, though he had only known his own pack anyways, so he supposed it was entirely possible. He tilted his head slightly at the deer remark, but dismissed the idea, knowing it was not really his place to ask about the AniWaya traditions. His ears perked up as he heard her walking again, following closely behind her. He was about to answer her question concerning the raw meat, but he didn't have to as a loud grumbling noise suddenly issued from his stomach. He nodded with a smile, as if that answered her question.

The scents and sounds of the village were spectacular to Kemo, having never been in a village before. Scents of cooking meat and fire smoke wafted through the air, dozens of different scents he could only guess belonged to the other pack members were everywhere, though he wouldn't be able to commit them to memory yet because he didn't know who each belonged to. The scents of several different kinds of wildflowers were everywhere as well as the foresty scent of trees and freshly cut wood. All of these scents combined to form a fantastic banquet specially made for him and he dug in enthusiastically, sniffing every inch of the air and ground that he could, being careful to stay near the sound of his companions footsteps. The village was quiet, but to him it was alive with stories to be told, secrets to be shared to only those it considers worthy.

He heard the footsteps stop and listened to her carefully, remembering his mistake he had made earlier. "It might be a bit hard for me to watch them, but I will try my best. He barked a laugh, reaching down to sniff around for the rabbits, making sure he picked the one that wasn't for the Chief. Listening to her splash some water on what he could only assume was the ceremonial stone ground, he felt around with his paw until he was sure he wasn't on the stone but rather on the ground beside it, then laid down carefully and dug into his meal, enjoying the freshly killed rabbit meat. "I have tried cooked meat before. Aunty made it for me once, but I prefer raw meat. It just doesn't taste the same to me when it's been burned like that, all though it does smell good." He smiled, blood dripping from his muzzle onto the ground in front of him.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread