The Blind Can See
[html]

Please don't mind Ralla's obsessivness with singing >.> It's rare after the journey that she has an audience, and singing a story used to be her job back in her old tribe, so she misses it <3 ALSO: I do not own 'Hoist the Colors' from Pirates of the Caribbean in any way, shape or form... ... DISCLAIM! :x

Ralla laughed when he made the joke about 'watching' the stuff. If he had not had such a lilting tone when he said it, she would've instead felt guilty about being insensitive for a moment. The conversation had dropped off for a moment, and the song from earlier returned to Ralla's mind.

"You know, when I came to Nova Scotia, I travelled with a group of gypsy luperci. I don't know if you've ever seen a boat, but they're like large, wooden bowls that float on water...like a cloud in the sky. Most nights, it was dark and starless. Others, the stars shined so bright that it appeared as if the ship were sailing in the starry sky; each light its own firefly." The memory of her coming to AniWaya made Ralla smile as she washed the neglect from the ceremonial ground. It had been beautiful, even as she had been running without taking in the time to appreciate its beauty. "And then some nights it stormed... One storm was so bad that I was told we lost our bearings. Only the gypsy woman who told me about this place and I could find the Northern Star the next night, and that's how we came about here again. That night...was nothing but the flash of lightening and the hum of the gypsies." Ralla had been clutching the ropes of the netting leading to the middle mast. Hands had fumbled to tie a rope 'round her middle. Voices did not yell nor panic, but...sang... "The gypsy woman told me it was a sea chanty that kept the gypsies together in storms and times of ill omens. They believed in a Pirate King--a Long Gone deity--and the Goddess of the Sea. And so they would sing the song to ward off the King and his men so that their souls would be untouched."

The song had been enchanting, even in the thrall of the winds. The rain had whipped and tried to tear Ralla from the ropes, but the song had kept her fingers tightly knotted within the knots. A smile, haunting smile creased Ralla's lips as she remembered, and she was grateful that she wouldn't have to be so self-conscious about Kemo seeing her faraway expression of absent-mindedness.

"Yo, ho; haul together. Hoist the colors high.

Heave ho, thieves and beggers. Never shall we die.

The King and his men stole the Queen from her bed, and bound her in her bones...

The seas be ours and by the powers, where we will we'll roam..."

"Bit of an odd song, isn't it? But the gypsies fought for their freedom against the Goddess of the Sea that was capricious, and their will was greater than even her tides. Makes you kind of jealous, huh?" It certainly makes me jealous... The will to oppose a goddess... Kudos to you, Pirate King, she laughed in her head as she got up to fetch a clean bucket of water. Coming back with it, she dumped it on the stone ground, washing the soap suds away. "They made their lives their own, undecided by others..." ...and instead bound the Goddess that had bound them. "I'm sorry, that was bad timing for such a story. But I love stories of all sorts. I think I might be a bit of a sucker for the foreign legends."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread