The Blind Can See
[html]

OOC: Love pirates of the caribbean and that song Big Grin

It was peaceful as he listened to steady swish swish she made while cleaning the stone. He ate his rabbit happily, enjoying the meal because he knew it was the last one before he would have to earn the privilege to hunt in these lands. His ears perked up when he heard her speak again in a slightly far off tone, as if she was reliving memories of her past. Her story enchanted him, kick starting his imagination.

He could imagine thunderous waves smashing against the boat, Ralla bracing herself against them, rain pouring in torrents all over as lighting smashed over a huge creature. Despite all this chaos, a song could clearly be heard, and it was this song that he treasured most. He ate the rabbit absent-mindedly, totally absorbed into the story she had spun so well. He stared for a moment.

"That story was amazing! You really went through that? That sounds like quite an adventure. You know, Aunty used to tell me stories similar to those to help pass the time and to help me sleep after my injury. She told them just like you too, I felt like I was really there experiencing everything that was happening. She always had a new one too." He paused for a moment, sniffing around the rabbit's corpse to make sure he had left nothing to waste. "There was one story that she used to tell me all the time. She would tell me a new one, then would come back to this one, knowing it was my favorite. Each time she told it, she would stop at a certain point, but the next time she told it, she would get farther and farther into the story. No matter how much I begged she wouldn't continue until the next day. I could tell you it sometime if you want, it's really a good story. Sometimes she would tell it as if she had experienced it herself, and it would always make me wonder."

He trailed off in thought for a moment, remembering all those times that he tried to beg her to tell him what happened next, but she always waved him off, telling him it was important that he learn.

"She used to make those strange clunking sounds you made in the forest earlier too, just before it was time for the evening hunt. She told me she was tending the fire, but I never understood what she meant by that. What about the Great Fire? Do you tend it?"

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread