The Blind Can See
[html]

Short post, but important revelation for Kemo :o Also; here comes the 'OMG, NO WAY' moment :3 Well, she was bound to mention it sooner or later. She may feel bad about home, but it's a constant reminder, so... Tongue

"I would love to hear it sometime!" She said enthusiatically. Ralla loved getting new stories and songs because then she in turn could share them with others. Visions and signs often came unbidden, and the only reliable Shamanism she could perform at will was her star-reading. So during the day or those starless nights, it always comforted her that she could ease or entertain others with her voice when the silent sky gave nothing.

"Clunking sounds...? Ah, you mean the axe. It's a sharp blade on the end of a long, wooden stick. You use it to chop wood into smaller pieces, but... You need two hands to do that. Kemo, if your Aunty made those sounds," she said as she rubbed her hands to dry them from the water, "then she must've been a luperci, too. If she were a normal wolf, holding an axe would be impossible for her. And tending to the fire would be really hard if she didn't have control of something to prod the sticks with without burning herself. Granted it can be done, but... Chopping is definatly out of the question. She never said anything about being a luperci...?"

"And, no; sadly, I'm too low on the Fire Tending Tree to tend to the fire directly as of yet. For now, I learn the trade by caring for the tools and learning what I may be doing all myself one day. Chief Dawali tends the flames still, but... I love the fire. It's...comforting, and shows me visions; even in the day. There's another tale for fire, but never mind that for now." Rather, as Ralla took the bag calmly from Kemo's protective care, she led him to the Great Fire itself. She stopped a few feet from its licking flames and swished her tail once near his shoulder to signal his stop. Normal silent-signals obviously wouldn't work, so flicks of the tail would have to do.

"I was told that the Fire is our beacon for those who are lost; like the North Star. It keeps us warm and protects us from evil spirits, and it is the symbol of how this tribe has prevailed. My old tribe and this tribe...are actually quite alike. AniWaya is a branch tribe of the larger one known as the Great Tribe, just like the Moon Tribe and its four branches. AniWaya has prospered despite its separation from the main pack, and its shown me the endurance of strong tradition. It makes me want to be a part of it even more."

That feeling alone could've kept Ralla there forever. While she was born in a place similar to AniWaya, it was also disimilar. Restrictions were harsher, and the line carved between the classes of wolves was great. Ralla had wished for a tribe like AniWaya--a place like Nova Scotia--where wolves and hybrids could meet freely and interract freely. Granted, there were still places there that were unlike that dream, but it was certainly an improvement of freedom. In AniWaya, Ralla was shown respect, and she gave it in return. And it wasn't respect born out of rank; rather, it had been packhood. The aching in her heart for her father and brother had given way over the last month and a half for the wolves and hybrids she had met, and... I'm sorry, Father...Noss... I could never bear to be alone... I wonder how you are, even though I dare not ask the moon and stars for fear of being told something I don't want to hear... Please, understand...

With Kemo at her side as she gazed into the fire, Ralla had to keep herself from looking too hard... Because what if, during her tumult of thoughts for her family, the flames did reveal such things that she would rather keep locked behind closed doors?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread