we lament to save time to repent
[html]

The war with Dahlia de Mai—the war with Haku—had almost destroyed them. This forth war had sunk deep under his skin and changed him. Most apparent were the scars on his face and his body, marks that reminded him of the things that had come to pass. Many had been lost. Much more had been lost then Gabriel wished to admit. So he recognized the look in her eyes all too well. She saw him as a soldier, as a warrior, as someone who existed only within battle. Maybe this was true. It had been once, a long time ago.

He believed then she would not be to him as her mother was. The girl confirmed his suspicions and the coy-wolf’s face fell. It was apparent that the loss was not taken lightly. Gabriel wanted to know who, and how, and all the terrible things that he needed to know—but he knew the words would fall like daggers and he was not the only one who was needed to bear them. “I am sorry,” he said quietly. “Before you say anything more, let me call her.” With that, the Aquila turned and lifted his head. His voice was a wolf’s howl, and one which was meant for his mother alone.

<style>
.gabe-kill .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-kill p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-kill b {color:#f4ad17; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-kill {background-color:#725340; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... killer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:239px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-kill .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread