A Walk in the Woods
[html]

OOC:

Kemo followed her for what seemed like hours, the surroundings not changing much, meaning she must be leading him further still into the forest. He had no idea where though, or where he was, but luckily his sense of smell and hearing could lead him to a nearby pack, or he could just follow their scent trail back to AniWaya's territory if he needed. The sounds of nature were lively today, telling him that the forest didn't sense anything was wrong, merely going about life as if this was just any other day. He trusted the forest, the tiny animals, birds, and even the trees could always tell if something was wrong or was going to be wrong soon. As soon as he realized this, he let his guard down a bit, though only a bit. Ever the cautious one, he would not let himself get too complacent in the darkness that was his life.

As she spoke, he did managed to pick up the subtle cues in her words, the sounds of the slight swishing of her tail, remembering she had used that very same tail to entice him to follow her by running it under his chin and across his nose. Kemo understood these signals, but was nevertheless very confused. What did this jackal want from him? Did she want him as a friend? As something more? Or did she merely see him as an enemy? It was difficult to truly tell the motives of any creature, especially a female. He chuckled mentally at that. "Sure, I'll sit with you and watch the sounds of the forest. But tell me Sepirah, are you really here to listen, or are you here to watch?" He smiled a bit at his riddle, wishing he could see the look on her face. He wasn't sure if that statement confused her, or if it even sank in at all. Who knows? Maybe he was reading into her signals too deeply.

The heavy sigh spurred him on and he sat with her, scooting gently closer to her so that he knew where she was by touch, and would know if she got up, whether in a rush or slowly. "The breeze not only feels wonderful, it helps me to figure out where I'm at, or if there's an obstacle in my path. My ears are extremely sensitive and along with my whiskers, I'm able to feel and hear the subtle sounds of air currents as they travel around objects. It's one of the things that keeps me alive and helps me to not slam into a tree or something. I bless the wind, for without it, life would be that much harder for me." He smiled, ending his speech with a sigh. "So tell me Sepirah, I'm dying to know. If your pack hates wolves so much, then why are you being so nice to me, when you know if your pack saw you so close to me it would surely anger them greatly." He looked in her direction, using her heartbeat as a guide to seek out her face.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]

Messages In This Thread