[night] && the [descending]
[html]

XP Daw, thank you. Although I admit that I'm missing my productivity. ;_;

I'm not sure how I want this to play out.. XD Bad planning on my part. Any suggestions? ^^;
Wc: 513

The agouti fae wasn't entirely sure how Grace could be related to the D'Angelo name, but the most likely prospect was that Naniko had another child. As much as it shook her heart, Ghita knew that Naniko and her brother Ehno were no longer mates, but didn't know how much the male still cared for her. The mateship - and the puppies that followed - had caused an uproar within Crimson Dreams' Marino family, and just when it seemed like the saga had ended for the better, Ghita had to go and meet this wonderful pup, who bore the D'Angelo name as well.

Grace never spoke up as to who her parents were, but for now, the older fae could calm herself with the simple matter of colouring. Wouldn't one of Naniko's children bear the same white pelt that the fae did? Of Ghita's own children, Aro had a mixture of Amata's and Jazper's colouring, in his tuxedo pelt, and Sophia had a vibrant red tracing far back into the familial lines. Flawed as Ghita's logic was, if Aro could emerge with a white pelt where Ghita's was a myriad of browns and blacks, and Jazper as dark as the night's sky, it was dominant enough to emerge in litters - but Grace barely showed any.

Ignoring the parental issue for now, Ghita turned her focus back to the more pressing one that grew in gravity as the light-giving orb sank behind the horizon. For the wandering companions, they would have maybe a half-hour of partial light, given by the generous dusk, before night fell upon them completely, and their senses kicked into nighttime gear. (And surely Grace's parents would panic, whoever they may be)

But Ghita was quickly transported back into the world of optimistic puppyhood as she heard Grace proclaim her adventuring prowess. Smiling kindly, the pregnant fae nodded and faced the same ways that her young charge did, all the while letting her pierced ear point to the birthing of stars, where Ghita's navigation would finally come into play. The Italian fae had navigated across both Italian and Canadian countrysides while using the celestial bodies as guides - this would be no different. By simple logic, she knew that the ranch had to be somewhere within Phoenix Valley, and she knew that direction.

"You're close, Grace!" Ghita yipped encouragingly. Stooping down to meet the pup eye-to-eye, she turned her head towards the border of Phoenix Valley, Grace's pack scent rolling off of the winds in dancing aromas. "If we walk for long enough, we'll reach Phoenix Valley there, and then we can find the ranch using our noses. Does that sound like a plan?"

Barely waiting for her charge to respond, Ghita's limp had already been put into motion, moving slowly to allow the girl to keep up. It wasn't too far to the border, but the pair had to walk a fine line between a quick pace, and slow enough to reach the border without exhaustion for either party. "Tell me about Phoenix Valley, Grace - do you like it there?"

<style type="text/css">
.ghitajulygift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8c99a5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ghitajulygift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1d364c; text-align:center;}
.ghitajulygift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ghitajulygift01 {margin:0 auto; width:381px; background-color:#e2d3c4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0e7df; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1d364c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitajulygift01-border1 {width:383px; border:1px solid #0b151e; margin:0 auto;}
.ghitajulygift01-line1 {width:357px; border-bottom:1px dotted #baada2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread