Just had to wander home
[html]

OOC: Hello there, my name is Thomas, and I've been given the opportunity to pick up Ascher here and start up some trouble fun. I hope that this thing here is not too awkward - if so, I'll correct whatever needs correcting! (slight powerplay has been okayed) P.S. sorry that I rambled.

Ascher Stormbringer: Born March 16th, 2010. Luperci. Male.
contact me at honesthomas@gmail.com for my MSN, or honesthomas for AIM. I have no other characters here, but Hana persuaded me to join.

IC

"So... why do I have to come back home, Father?" were the opening words to the last conversation Ascher was going to have with his father for a long time. Too long for the young Stormbringer to grasp the true depth of. Then again, he had not considered that same depth when he had left with Dreyrugr in the first place. Perhaps the idea of adventure had seemed more appealing then, but now the thought of leaving everyone else behind as the young wolf followed his father sent a shock of unease through his body. Of course the last thing Ascher wanted was to be separated from his parent, but finding a completely new home and leaving behind all the memories that had just started to form - both good and bad - was not the puppy's idea of a good action.

And that is what had brought Dreyrugr back with his son in tow, if only for the moment. His father explained to him that completely removing himself from Dahlia de Mai had to happen for him, but Ascher's life was just beginning here, and it was unfair to postpone it on his account. Father had realized that a little belatedly, but that was alright. Family here loved him and would accept him once again, but for now, and maybe even later (what did that really mean? Ascher had started scratching behind his ear at that statement, and he still couldn't get the whole picture).

Bringing his mind back to the present, Ascher looked at his father, and the grim visage that seemed etched onto his face. Granted, it could be the darkness of the approaching night, but sometimes sadness did not hide well. "I'm sorry, father. I didn't know that I wasn't ready to come with you," because Ascher knew that he had not been silent about missing family already. Only two weeks out of home and the young one was whining, that must be what his father had thought of him. But even as he thought that, father assured him that it had nothing to do with him being ready or not; it was all about what was best for Ascher. 'I need you to grow up strong, son. Grow up with your family, and love them,' father had said. Well, that was one thing he would do to his utmost, no matter what.
'Good luck son', was followed quickly by a calling howl that pierced the coming night. Ascher's reply to his father's parting comment was lost in that howl, so the "I love you, father. I'll make you proud," seemed a little hollow to Ascher. He watched his father's retreating form and then turned around to figure out where he was now, and who would respond to his father's call.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread