when I smile, tell me some bad news
[html]

All welcome, one or two only please. Marked as attn: Conor because I think it'd be interesting, but not required! Backdated to September 26. 300+ words.

The creamy woman knelt beneath the tree by the door to the large Victorian house where she had buried Orchid five days prior. By her side was the small blonde puppy wrapped in a small cloth. Lolita had woken that morning to find that, while three of the blind and deaf puppies were squirming and whining, one was motionless. Now Lolita knelt with the small figure of the now lifeless Iris beside her, lithe hands shaking as they dug into the soil a few feet away from where Orchid was buried. Her fingers worked slowly and clumsily, but she kept at the task, scraping up the soil and embedding bits of dirt beneath her nails.

Where tears should have been, there was only a dull stare, void of emotion. The Monroe woman had been struck dumb when she had realized Iris was gone, and she had not known how to react. The smaller twin girl had been only half there since her birth. She had never been as lively as her sisters, and she wondered if she should have expected this. Perhaps she should have, or perhaps she should have asked one of the pack's healers to look at Iris. Now it was too late, though, and as she finished digging the newborn-sized hole, she knelt back with her hands clasped in her lap, hands still shaking ever so slightly.

She could not bring herself to pick up the body. Lolita let her eyes rest on it and for the first time since realizing what had happened during their sleep, she wept. Fiery hair hung in front of her face as she let the tears fall freely, leaning forward and folding into herself. The sobs were hushed and quiet, but her shoulders visibly quivered. There was great sorrow in her heart.

<style>
.lolita-city1 b {color:#C30303; font-weight:bold; }
.lolita-city1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.lolita-city1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444444; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#000000; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/lolita.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread