Respect
[html]

Yikes, I've been gone for awhile o.0 Thanks everyone for continuing this thread Tongue

"Surrender and beg for mercy, and you may live," were the words from the autumn wolf's mouth. The obviousness of his rank--the alpha that Noss had said he would only submit to--wounded his pride further by making him realise that the alpha of this pack was yet more...a pup. He wondered, then, what the better choice was; teach the pups a lesson, or live to fight another day? Well, the first idea hasn't gone so well. The threat of death still loomed near, but Noss blindly trusted the words of any alpha; it was within his own code. Even if he knew any wolf to be a liar, if they were a chief--or whatever they may call their leader--he took them on their word. If he disregards his own word, the moon will see to his punishment; here or in its keep. He thought it laughable that he was still clinging to that rule of trust even though the pups had done nothing to prove it steady. He relaxed completely, then. Never would be beg, but he would give his words of assurance.

I can't die here, he reasoned. Although he had been prepared, what wolf truly wanted to die? He had a mission and a duty to fulfill, and needlessly getting mixed up where he didn't belong would not help the issue. ...Why can't those epiphanies come sooner? he laughed in his mind.

"Understand, Chief of this land," Noss began, "that my trespassing was never intentional, nor did I fight without provocation. I mean your tribe no harm, and you may be rid of me if you can point me where I need to go. I've been searching for a white, female wolf with a tribal mark on her forehead. If you have seen her and can tell me where, I'll be gone. Otherwise... I give my word of no return, and I'll just be a forgotten memory." He said those words while staring straight into those focused pupils of the autumn wolf, seeing his own face reflected in their blood-clouded gaze.

A chief-to-be facing off against a chief; could the other sense the promise and truth in Noss's words?

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.Fuego b {font-weight:normal; color:#51aa8a; letter-spacing:1px;text-shadow: #a0dfb8 1px 1px 1px;}
.Fuego-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#a0dfb8; text-align:center;}
.Fuego p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Fuego{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#001926; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... Noss-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #205047; padding: 5px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#205047; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Fuego-border1 {width:402px; border:1px solid #001926; margin:0 auto;}
.Fuego-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:5px dotted #51aa8a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread