stay up too late
[html]
ooc;; awh Nayru's cute!

ic;;
Her voice was soothing and fresh as she greeted him, properly this time. The young male allowed a soft smile to grace his lips, although once again it pronounced his cheekbones in a harsh manner. His whip-like tail flapped back and forward, Saul surprised himself in finding that he was enjoying this females company. Although she was in her optime form, she seemed very approachable and friendly. There was no aggression or signs of dominance in her, despite her age and rank that would have given her immediate power over him. Another reason he liked her. His mind caught up with her speech and his smile deepened as she gave him her name. They were on first name terms, instead of Stormbringer and stranger-I-don't-remember. Still his tail flapped back and forth before he allowed his polite reply to tentatively tease the air.

"I like your name, miss"

It seemed odd that, after spending two months in complete solitude on his journey back to Wolfville, he seemed to be polite and articulate. Many would have become rough with their words and harsh with what they said. He was just happy to be home once more. His cinnamon-backed ears pricked forward as she apologised for interupting him. For a moment, the young Stormbringer considered telling her that he was off on something important for Bris and he really must be going. But she was nice and he wanted to talk to her. His stomach squeezed and his mind quickly reminded him that minutes spent talking to her were breaking his routine, but he pushed it down. He would not be rude.

"Oh no, miss. I wus jus' going for my run"

He said, a cheeky grin slipping onto his lips as he looked up under hooded lids at the black and white female. His green eyes flashed towards the hares still in her hand and at that moment, his stomach gave a large rumble. His ears slicked back and his face flashed a look of intense worry before he covered it up with a soft laugh and the rolling shurg of his shoulders. Cocking his head to the side, he returned the smile to its place and listened to her speak. So she'd noticed. Then again, it wasnt exactly hard to see his ribs, his bony chest, his cheekbones. His coat was dingy and dull, his gums had probably seen better days. All this through lack of nutrition.

"I um... I dun know how to hunt yet... so I didn't eat much on my journey home... Aunty Bris found me collapsed at the borders. I really would like some food, Miss Nayru"

His voice had grown very small and quiet, as if asking for (or accepting her offer of) food would offend her. It was an irrational response, but a response none the less. And as if he had asked for it, his stomach rumbled once more. Green eyes looked mortified as he gazed at the hares, waiting for her to give him one.

word count;; 502

"speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread