stay up too late
[html]

Sorry for the wait! eep. 419.

Nayru could hardly help the smile that spread on her lips as Gideon's brother apologized for apologizing and the older girl simply let the moment pass without further acknowledgement. There was something endearing about the boy's bashfulness, something that reminded her of how youths were suppose to be. Not hardened like she had could be, so perfectly poised and precise, but uncertain and nervous. Nayru was of course still in many ways a child of the world, unknowing and inexperienced, but her manners and actions were so practiced that it seemed she never had been and certainly no longer was a child. The rabbit she held continued to get nibbled at, and it was a stark contrast to the messy display Saul created. Yet her crimson eyes were not judging as she watched her kills devoured by the eager mouth of Saul, they merely shined with merriment.

"Gideon is here, I see him quite often. I'm sure he'll be pleased to learn that you've come home." Home. Hopefully that was what Dahlia de Mai was for Saul, but even if it wasn't that was what it was for Nayru and Gideon and she could not refer to it any other way. "And if you came back on your own, perhaps your other siblings will find their way back someday." It was a comforting thought, and anything was possible. Nayru remembered thinking of her own sisters someday coming to Dahlia, but that fantasy hadn't been imagined in months. Yet the magic that they might, someday show up on Dahlia's doorstep as she herself had done many months ago, had completely dried up. It was still a possibility. Anything was. And it was this belief that proved to Nayru not all her innocence and goodness had been lost in her transition from fairy child to young warrior and hunter in training.

The next question was one she was use to hearing now, many others asked about her family and she the answer came out smoothly. "My family is here. Conor and Bris. Gideon too. " He would know better than the strangers she told that they were not related by blood, because Gideon and Bris were of his true family, yet he couldn't deny her the adopted family she so adored. They were hers as much as anyone else's. "I don't need anyone but Dahlians. My whole life is here." Saluce and Larkspur and Conor, three conflicting forces that were shaping her into the strange creature that was emerging from childhood.

<style type="text/css">
.nayberry b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec1414; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayberry-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#ec1414; text-align:right; }
.nayberry p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.nayberry {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... /nayru.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread