stay up too late
[html]
ooc;; I was thinking about wrapping it up in the next few posts, that okay with you?

ic;;
He noticed little of the body language Nayru displayed- the soft smile and the knowing look. He was too focussed on his food. It was unlike Saul to be rude and he liked to think that he had acquired some manners since his birth. But this was perhaps his first proper meal since arriving in Dahlia just a few days before. The bone that had comically hung from his jaws dropped and he nudged it quickly into place- in a second row, parallel to the first, with the bone he had just placed down in the same spot as the corresponding bone of the other rabbit. There was sure something strange about that, but Saul reacted subconsciously most of the time. He began to nudge the rest of the bones into place, trying carefully not to snap any of them. It would just make his life harder, trying to piece minute bones back together again. A smile distracted him as Nayru answered his question about family.

I do

He murmered softly, although it could easily have been mistaken for a comment to himself. He glanced upwards taking in her half eaten hare. She must not be very hungry, if all she'd done was nibble at it. Still, his stint as a loner suffering from some kind of involuntary anorexia had shrunk his stomach and by now, he was stuffed and bloated. With content in his eyes, Saul stretched and yawned. It was still very early morning and with a quick glance at the sky, Saul was reminded that he had been interupted on his morning run. For some odd reason, a feeling of nausea rushed over him. He was late. A feeling of almost panic swept over him but he tried to remain where he was laying. It would be so rude of him to eat her hares then dash off without so much as a 'good day to you'. Still, his routine was becoming more skewed by the minute. Her voice wafted over him and it helped him concentrate on their conversation.

Yeah- I chose the left one facing the front garden. I can see down to whole street from there. Why did you move out?

The last sentence was almost forced from his lips, although there was no strain on his voice to suggest such a thing. He knew that, in not asking any questions in return, the conversation would die and he would be free to go. But it would also be very rude. And Saul was working hard to be a nice, gentlemanly wolf. Running out on a conversation was not good. He slicked a soft smile on his lips as he gazed up at the spotted female, praying to the Gods that she had something better to do with her day than hang around and talk to him.

word count;; 473

"speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread