First Encounters
[html]

I hope you don't mind if i post date this to october 10th? also, i hope you dont mind that i joined! Saul is Luperci... he just cant shift yet!

It had taken the little Stormbringer only a week to build up the courage to go exploring once more. He was nervous about leaving his family, nervous about getting lost and never finding Dahlia again. But he needed to go, needed to explore this land and see for himself what was going on. He was practical as he did it- thinking about scenarios such as an invasion where he would need to get his family to safety. He justified his wanderings by thinking about what he could do for his family. He was also rather seriously considering what he wanted to do with his life. Learning about the plants and their ability to heal him had sparked an interest in the six month old puppy that he simply couldnt ignore. But was that the path he wanted to take? Become an apothecary and then maybe a doctor. He could see himself going that way, having the knowledge to look after others and make sure his family were safe. But he didnt know if this was what he really wanted to do. And so like any half grown pup, he threw it from his mind and continued to romp in the grass.

His obvious skinniness was beginning to loosen- a few of his ribs were less prominant than they had been a few days ago. It was going to be slow, this recovery. He knew it before he even considered it. He couldnt just return home and suddenly everything would be better again. The thought that he had kept firmly to himself was that he wasnt sure he wanted to put back on all of that weight. He quite liked being skinny, but perhaps not this angled. His overlarge paws tripped him constantly, his too large head and ears looking comical from anyone elses point of veiw. He was a walking mess, but he was going to chance that. Tawny pelt rippled softly over his ribs and sticking out chest before he entered the shoreline side of the lands. He didnt take much notice of his surrondings, he didnt really care if there were lakes or houses. His nose had caught a strange scent and he was determined to find out what it was.

Away from his family, Saul felt a lifting of responsibility, even if it was just for a few hours while he explored some forbidden land. He didnt worry about them, didnt feel as though he needed to watch their steps to make sure they didnt get hurt. So instead. the butterflies that danced about his head were snapped at, his overlarge paws swiping at them and trying to catch them. His path was taking him further towards this strange smell, but he was laughing and playing at them same time. His emerald eyes were free of worry. As he grew closer, another odd scent assailed him. He had never met an opposum before and it puzzled him. Green eyes spotted the creature at the same time as a prowling figure entered the scene. Slicking his ears back for a heartbeat of a second, Saul backed away and watched as the weird wolf thing creapt up on its victim. Perhaps he could learn something here.

word count;; 537

<style type="text/css">
.saul-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.saul-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.saul-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#557941; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/345zadu.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 332px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c0bd98; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread