First Encounters
[html]

honey fails! sorry hun, I seem to be struggling with this thread! maybe its because Saul doesnt know how to act! haha

It was quite obvious that Saul was unsure of what to make of this male. If he was a male, Saul wasnt sure if every guy smelt the same, no matter what species. Green eyes watched as the coyote seemed to battle with something inside, taking a deep breath and releasing it through his muzzle. His disjointed, broken english came through again and Saul almost corrected him. This was the first time he'd been out here- he had no better idea of the land than this foreigner did. He was no help to the coyote, who still had no name in Saul's mind, but he wasnt going to say that. He could hunt and Saul wanted to know how to do it. If he admitted that he had no idea where anything was in this place, he would surely be sent away. So instead of admitting it, Saul let his head nod forward and a tentative smile to light up his features. The tip of the coyote's head was a universal symbol, for him to follow. He spoke again and Saul let his head nod again.

"Okay, I'm quiet..."

He whispered back as quietly as he could. As the coyote set off, Saul was on his heels instantly. There was no way he was getting away from him! Green eyes met yellow every time the small wolf-creature turned around to check he was still following. Each time, he would give a soft nod of his head and urge the male forward. He needed to find out his name so he could stop calling him 'the coyote' in his head. Saul was unprepared for the male's sudden stop however and had to stop hard to avoid hitting into his bum. He supressed a giggle as the male spoke again. For some reason, all of a sudden, the creatures broken english was hilarious. So when he told him to be quiet and not break any sticks, all Saul could do was nod his head and stay where he was, fighting giggles. The kill was swift and despite his laughing fit, Saul watched carefully as the coyote stalked forward and rushed the rabbit. Not a rat, it appeared.

"Thats a rabbit, not a rat! But well done for catching it. Whats your name?"

He spoke quickly, fighting the giggles with an iron clamp on his jaw. He didnt want to be rude and offend this creature, so he tried not to laugh in his face.

word count;; 412

<style type="text/css">
.saul-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.saul-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.saul-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#557941; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/345zadu.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 332px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c0bd98; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread