First Encounters
[html]

It was lovely threading with you Possum deary! We shall do this again some time! You can reply once more if you want, but Saul has left the area! lol

Saul watched with an odd sort of curiosity as the nimble paws of the coyote, Aquila, in front of him dug a whole in the soil. Saul himself had never been religious, in fact he had no idea what religion was and what one was expected to do. But he knew that a few of the things this coyote did were not normal. The rabbit was pale and lifeless, dead beyound doubt. But the pale glaze to its skin would only come from completely draining its blood. Saul wondered what this coyote was doing, not for the first time. However, he noticed the tight lips and the amusement in Aquila's eyes and realised that the male was doing exactly what he himself had done just moments before- stifling a laugh. Shaking his head, Saul fixed him a glare of sorts.

"I'll show you one day, Aquila! I just have to get old enough first!"

Despite his glaring, a soft grin slipped over his muzzle. He found that he quite liked the not-wolf. Green eyes narrowed once more as those nimble sandy paws began to kick up the dirt, covering the blood that had been there moments before. He could still smell the irony sweetness the blood tasted like, but the dirt masked it almost completely. It was gone completely. Taking a soft snuffle at the earth, Saul could no longer locate the exact place where it had been spilled. He imagined it was a good trick to learn- to cover all of your tracks, including the food you ate. He was offered a bit of the food, of which the coyote even tried to name properly. A grin slipped over his muzzle and he nodded at Aquila's improved english. However, he really needed to get home. He hadnt meant to be gone so long, and he knew his Aunt Bris would be worried about him.

"Thank you for the offer, but I have to go home now. I hope we meet again, Aquila."

He said, dipping his head in a soft recognition that he liked the coyote and genuinely wished to meet again. Perhaps next time, Saul would be able to shift and he would show the coyote exactly how scary the Luperci were. With a soft chuckle and the flick of his tail, Saul turned and began with a slow trot. He had almost reached out of earshot when he turned back and regarded the small figure in the distance for a moment. He shouted back one word, before heading for home.

"BYE"

-saul exits-

word count;; 424

<style type="text/css">
.saul-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#95b596;}
.saul-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.saul-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.saul-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#557941; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/345zadu.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 332px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c0bd98; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread