hell is repetition
[html]
I got books that I never ever read
I got a scar where all my urges bled

When Gabriel glanced away, Tayui saw how his golden eyes burned, how his one ear had a very distinct rip in it, and how his profile was framed so perfectly by the landscape behind him. She envied Gabriel, for it always seemed like his purpose in life was so clearly defined. He was the Aquila of Inferni, the leader of his clan and the decision-maker in his life. He killed and had lost, but Tayui had only lost. She was the Moon card, and he, the Emperor. Where he was stability, she was uncertainty. Or, perhaps, she was the Fool and Haku was the Moon, bringing uncertainty wherever he wandered.

Gabriel returned his gaze to Tayui, making her slightly uncomfortable. She was not used to such intense attention, even though Gabriel was certainly thinking about something else. As he spoke, she could see him remembering his daughter’s return. His eyes peered into the distance, but his body and movements were all watching Tayui. His face changed and he exhaled; Tayui flinched. Having been holed up in her den for so long, with only her almost-mute for company, she had forgotten what it was like to converse with another. She was forgetting.

“I–” she began, and then stopped. She frowned, and then shook her head, giving up a small, bitter laugh. “I wish it were just the wind. It’s something else. One daughter dies and the other returns home.” She was so bitter now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread