hell is repetition
[html]
I got books that I never ever read
I got a scar where all my urges bled

She saw his movements change when she laughed, possibly out of surprise or recognition. Whatever the reason, Gabriel froze for a moment before relaxing again. She had not realized her laugh had been so harsh, but that was who she was now: harsh, uncouth, and vengeful. She supposed the negative demeanour came with it. Her neutral expression quickly soured when Gabriel spoke again. She was torn between being horribly offended and darkly amused. God! What a concept. She knew Nayati believed in many spirits and romantic ideas, but Tayui had always balked at the suggestion that there was something out there. She believed in luperci and nature and life.

“God didn’t do this; Haku did,” he replied harshly. She wanted everyone to know what a monster Haku had been, especially now that he was dead. It made her feel more real knowing there might be others out there who hated him and knowing that Gabriel had led the campaign against this monster. Even if she disagreed with his beliefs, and felt a deep sense of sorrow for the Dahlians that had lost their lives in his campaign for the monster, she knew the purpose had been just. He was the only monster left to rule out the wicked. Perhaps one day she would become that kind of monster, rather than the pitiful kind she was now: full of directionless anger.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread