hell is repetition
[html]

We could definitely give it a go! Big Grin (367).

I got books that I never ever read
I got a scar where all my urges bled

His reply did not surprise her; she doubted he would want anyone to be like him now that she began to realize who he was. He was not the luperci she thought he was, but he was everything she deserved. Although one didn’t always get what they wanted or needed, they got what they deserved, somehow in the end. She supposed it was like this for her, too – you get what you give and she wanted to give pain, so she got Gabriel. It was ineloquent, but this phrasing, too, was what she deserved.

When he had replied, she had noticed how his expression had become grimmer and how his posture had changed, ever so slightly. She saw the small movement in his body and recognized that there had been a lot of thought behind the words, but could not determine what exactly it meant. He continued to speak and his words – and expression – darkened. She perked her ears forward in recognition when he mentioned Kaena, only then realizing how many times over Kaena was a mother. She had Gabriel and a few other children from what Tayui knew. Although she had not met many of them, she wondered how Kaena had managed to continue functioning when her life had changed so many times. There had even been that time when Kaena had no longer headed Inferni – how had she dealt with that?

And now, Gabriel was the leader, which Tayui supposed was right in some way – there was a distinct succession down the family line that followed their more feral routes. Perhaps that was why Inferni had been so feared: because they had not deviated from their true canine pack – or clan – life as the wolves had. It was certainly worth considering. But it didn’t explain the trail of destruction they left behind.

“It might not help, but it’s what I want right now,” she replied quietly. He could say that it would corrupt her, and she knew she should heed his warning, but like anyone, she could not know until she was corrupted. Was that what she wanted?

“I need… something. Nothing feels real anymore. That’s the only thing that does…” she added, trailing off.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread