vampires and wolves
[html]
OOC:It would make me a happy camper if I could bug you into letting this be a sibling thread. I've been meaning to make one already, but time and circumstance were quite rude to me. But maybe now?

Whew, 612 words. I didn't know I had it in me!

IC:

The gloomy morning had paralleled Ascher's waking feelings. He had returned with Conor and immediately picked out an out-of-the-way corner in some dark room of the house to collapse in, which had resulted in a long and heavy sleep. Dawn had woken the young Stormbringer, but had not caused him to get up. Instead he had listened to the sounds of the world waking around him, taking small comfort in the fact that life goes on. Such a roborant would have normally put a smile on Ascher's inquisitive face, but today it was a cold shoulder. The only thing that had caused the pup to get up and start his day had been the realization that he was moping in a way that did not make anything different. And Ascher wanted to feel differently, that was for sure. And so Ascher picked himself up and wandered outside into the muted gray of the day.

What a day it was going to be, too. With rain practically plotting to fall on top of him, Ascher stuck to covered areas that provided at least partial shelter from the pitter-patter of precipitation that threatened above. Today would not be a long day, mused the puppy, which was just fine with him. An attempt to journey outside and experience Dahlia de Mai in its entirety could be a rewarding experience, as far as the Stormbringer was concerned. Given the fact that he felt alone and would likely continue to feel so for a long time - it would not be nice to follow Conor around a lot, and Ascher had not heard much about auntie Bris last night - it was fitting that he ought to start enjoying all the things wolves do in solitude. Like sniffing around in old buildings and looking for cool things to play with.

The idea of having toys to tinker with actually brightened up Ascher's face quite a bit. He did not remember if he had ever had a trinket or a toy before, but he had the concept in his head and it suddenly felt right that he have one. But he did not know where to begin looking for something like a toy. What did it look like? Were toys tasty? Ascher pondered this as he aimlessly wandered away from Wolfville.

By the time Ascher had figured out what he wanted in a toy - that it be delicious, sturdy, light, shiny, and easy to carry in his mouth or on his back so he could take it with him wherever he wanted - he had left any part of Dahlia that he had a sense of direction in. The young pup had no idea where he was, and he suddenly felt quite alone and scared. Maybe something nasty would be coming his way shortly and do bad things to him, maybe something even worse than that was just around the corner. But as Ascher started whining in distress, he caught the smell of someone familiar. Thinking that this was a trick, the young Stormbringer suspiciously followed what seemed to be his brother's scent.

Coming across a large field with wild plants growing every which where was odd enough as it was; the old stones underneath them gave the field a very ominous feel. Like one should be very quite in here, and be respectful to something. But Saul's scent was stronger over here, so Ascher prodded around with his nose until he stopped dead in his tracks. "Saul? Is that you?" The bewildered youngster could not believe his eyes; his brother was laying in the field, hopefully this was not some trick like Ascher feared it was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread