vampires and wolves
[html]
OOC:Well aww. Mayhap James will find this thread in good stead. Mayhap Gideon could join in on the festivities? Mayhap all this winking and hinting will leave me looking like I have a nervous tick in my face. :^) Oh, and HA! Ascher's horoscope fits today pretty well, it seems. (I don't read horoscopes, but I checked his for kicks.)

IC

If someone had told Ascher that he would have met his lost brother today, Ascher would likely have become extraordinarily curious and skeptical at the same time. He would have wanted it to be true, but would believe that if he wanted it with any fervor, it would not have come true. If only magazines with a foretelling about how one's day would turn out still existed; Ascher would have known something like this would happen. Nonetheless, the reality of it all embraced him quite ferociously with much licking.

Dumbstruck by the sudden reunion without a seeming cause, Ascher just let the scene flow over him. I must look stupid, he thought during his frozen face greeting. He was not overwhelmed with emotion, per se, but there was a lot of stuff to realize and sort through as Saul rushed him. Most prominent of all the emotions swirling around in Ascher's mind was a heady elation that caused just a little dizziness. When the pup heard I missed you, he dearly wanted to respond in kind, but his trail of thought had not yet been cleared of brush.

As some little trailblazer in Ascher's head started clearing up his thoughts, the Stormbringer began to look less stupid, and more happy. Yes, that was it, Ascher was most definitely happy. He did not want Saul's paw to come off of his shoulder, and when it did, Ascher immediately returned the hugs and licks that he had been meaning to since he had first spotted Saul laying there on the ground. "I missed you, too, Saul," came out of his mouth in between affectionate greetings. THERE it was.

Having completed his giddy outburst, Ascher quickly settled himself on his haunches, however. Taking in Saul's appearance put a quick frown on his younger brother's face. He sniffed him over and realized just how thin and unhealthy his brother was. Ascher did not remember a time when his brother had looked weaker than he did - in fact, Ascher nearly selfishly counted on his brothers' strength to be a comfort for him. A further sniff showed off how hungry his brother was. Which prompted Ascher's stomach to let itself be known, as well. So they were both hungry, which was not all that new, but Ascher was making connections and similarities between Saul and himself just out of habit right now. It became a dominant thought to the young wolf - we need to go find food; now would be a good time. Saul needs it real bad. And just as he was about to invite Saul to start scenting food with him - or go bug some adults for food, that was easier, right? - a thought nagged at him.

"Saul, did Shiloh come with you?" For some reason, Ascher knew that she had not, but he held out a thin ray of hope that he would have had his brothers and sister with him, even if Father would not be. The fact that Shiloh was not here right now nearly elicited a whine from the puppy, but he held it in check for Saul's benefit - it was his sister, too.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread