vampires and wolves
[html]

Hmm... well perhaps it would be nice if it were just the two of them! Gideon seems to be busy with his adopted litter of puppies! scary!

An aura of awkward silence seemed to settle over the brothers when he had jumped on Ascher, kissing him and hugging him. Saul always knew that Ascher wasn't the touchy feely kind, but surely he would not deny his brother a hug or two? Still, the eldest Stormbringer decided to wait it out, getting a feel of his brother and what his reaction would be. To Saul's immense surprise and delight, his smaller, darker brother leapt at the chance and covered him in kisses anyway. Perhaps they had both changed in their seperation from each other and they would share a bigger bond with one another because of it. Saul leapt around his brother, occasionally nipping and kissing and yapping his excitement. His brothers words rang clear in his ears- Ascher had missed him too. It was such a shame that it was just the two of them, just the two of them reunited. He wished sourly that Gideon were here and Shiloh were not missing in the wastes of the land. But they weren't and it was just the two of them.

Saul stiffened subtly as Ascher's nose began to work down his body. Shame flashed him red as he realised how he must look to his youngest brother. Painfully thin, ribs sticking out, angular cheekbones and joints. His fur was dull and dingy, the lack of nutrients in him showing in his locks as well as the discolouration of his gums. This was perhaps the most unhealthy he had ever been, and he had shown it all to his brother. Cinnamon-backed ears flashed back against his skull and his emerald eyes pleaded with his brother. This wasnt his fault, this condition he was in. It was the fault of mother nature for splitting him up with his family, for forcing him to survive on meager plants and being unable to hunt. He could see the concern and the shock in his younger brothers eyes and he felt ashamed. He was supposed to be the strong one, he was supposed to look after everyone else. He could see the questions and commands on the tip of Ascher's tongue, but the question that came from his young brothers lips was unexpected.

A flash of apology and pity lined his eyes and he shock his head. He didnt have to say anymore to him, but Saul felt like he needed an explanation. "I'm sorry Asch. When the storm hit, I got seperated from you and Shiloh from the rest of us. When I woke up I was alone. I havent scented her here... I think she's still out there". He needed to say something to his brother to make him at ease, to make sure he knew that Saul wasn't idle about his sisters missingness. He twisted his head softly to the side and gazed at his brother. "We're going to find her Asch. Don't worry about that!" He reassured his brother with a painful smile. It was false encouragement- Saul could never promise that he would find Shiloh, but he would try none-the-less. He took this moment of silence to sniff out his brother. He seemed healthy and well, and there was the unmistakeable cloak of their father on his dusty brown coat.

"You stayed with father? And he bought you back here?"

He asked, emerald eyes confused. Then again, thinking it through- Ascher would have been most scared and stuck to their fathers side like glue. He was far less likely to get lost this way. And Dreyrugr would have wanted Ascher to be with his brother, so bought him back. He was glad his younger brother had not had to go through two months of loneliness and starvation.

word count;; 620

<style type="text/css">
.saul .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.saul .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e7ec66}
.saul b {font-weight:bold; color:#25567c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saul {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4aa41a; background-image:url(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7159/saulbottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread