vampires and wolves
[html]

lol, i know what you mean! why thank you! I apologise for this one- most of your post was in Ascher's mind! lol

On looking back at the words he had spoken to his youngest brother, Saul felt a wave of shame. It was not Ascher's fault that their father had been able to hang on to him. Just because he himself had gone through some considerable hardship did not mean that it was, in any way, Ascher's fault. He realised, too late, that his tone could have been interpreted as accusing and his cinnamon-backed ears flickered back in apology. He did not blame Ascher for anything that had happened to him, and now his youngest brother held a certain guilt over their separation. He did not want this to happen, but the words were out there now. Saul remembered the fledgling resentment he had felt just a few moments before when he realised his youngest brother had not suffered. But now he realised just how good that was. Ascher had not suffered to get here, he was whole and healthy and that was the good thing. On the flip side, it appeared Saul now depended on his younger, healthier brother for a few things.

Saul hated the feeling of helplessness, a feeling he had felt for a long while when he was on his own. But worse than that, he hated depending on someone else. He was strong and independent and he didnt need looking after. He was the one who looked after his siblings- that was the way it was supposed to be. And therefore, when Ascher asked if Saul was as hungry as he was, a look of concern washed over his face. His brother was hungry and it was up to him to provide. He cast a preliminary gaze around the field, noticing only the overgrown graves and headstones. There would be some bunnies here, they just had to find them. A soft smile washed over his features, softening them for his brother.

"We should definately get some food. Maybe I can show you my mad hunting skills! But I have no idea where Giddy is... I havent seen him yet."

He trailed off for a moment before letting the smile slip onto his lips once more. He would be positive for his brother. Still, the young male was slightly shocked when his youngest brother sidled up to him- a move that hadn't been made since they were young and dependent on one another. Secretly, Saul allowed a grin to colour his face- he was so pleased to be needed by his brother. The words that came from Ascher were soft and rather childish but Saul didnt mind. His head fit perfectly over his brother, his throat and underside of his muzzle resting on the crest of Ascher's head. His salmon tongue flashed out and caught one of his brothers ears in a soft lick of reassurance.

"I won't go again, I promise. And besides, it wasnt even my fault! But I missed you more"

Half of his words were said with a smile to them, while the first section was told with absolute promise. He wasn't going anywhere, not anytime soon anyway. Ascher need not worry about a storm ripping them apart- they lived in the same house. Rubbing his muzzle against his brothers head, Saul withdrew and looked down into his brothers grey eyes. He really had missed this little bucket of awkward. The smile remained as he stood and stretched, accentuating his emaciated body. He really was unwell. Still, with a glance around, Saul found his brothers eyes. There was a twinkle to his own green depths as he moved to stand beside his brother.

"How about a little rabbit?"

word count;; 604

<style type="text/css">
.saul .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.saul .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e7ec66}
.saul b {font-weight:bold; color:#25567c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saul {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4aa41a; background-image:url(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7159/saulbottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread