Nothing Old, Everything New
[html]

It's alright. I was going to remind you if the thread went onto the next page. xD And I backdated it, don't worry.

300+

She was so focused with tuning her guitar that she at first didn’t notice the wolf that stepped out from the depths of the forest. It was only when she was finished tuning and looked up that she noticed the stranger. The first things Pixie noticed were the colors: cream fur, red-brown hair, brown eyes, pink and blue clothing, dusty green leaves fading into the reds, yellows, and browns of autumn. She was like a palette of colors, this wolf, and it made Pixie curious as to where she was from. The young woman—she seemed to be less than a year old—didn’t carry the scent of Crimson Dreams or any of the other packs. In fact, Pixie confirmed with a quick sniff that she hadn’t been around any other wolves recently. Perhaps she was a loner, like Pixie herself was not too long ago.

Hello,” she greeted cheerfully, lengthening her vowels as though she were singing. When the stranger complimented her guitar, she felt herself blush under her fur; her guitar was like her child, an actual part of her soul, and so she swelled with pride whenever someone voiced their liking of it. “Thanks…it’s seen better days, but it’s still got some life in its strings.” She plucked each string and listened to the notes—E, A, D, G, B, E—letting each one fill the air for a second before she plucked the next one. Then she strummed them all at once, lightly and quickly, her left hand (her stronger one) a blur as she effortlessly made the notes blend together to create one beautiful sound.

I’m Pixie Frost,” she introduced herself, extending her opposite hand to shake the other wolf’s. “I’m from Crimson Dreams, the pack by Rabbit Lake. Do you live around here?” At this point, she was pretty sure the stranger wasn’t part of a pack, but she wanted to know if the wolfess lived around Ethereal Eclipse or was just passing through.

<style>
.pixie-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-z91 b {color:#bfb726; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.pixie-z91 {background-color:#bde7f7; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ponqxj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #bfb726; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#382f0e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.pixie-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread