Nothing Old, Everything New
[html]

300+

The violet-eyed woman had never fully understood why people took a liking to the sound of her own guitar, which she estimated was about as old as her great-grandfather, but she still beamed with pride at the compliment. “I can totally teach you guitar,” she said, smiling mischievously, “if you don’t mind teaching me how to read. You said you write, right? Well, I can’t understand a word of human literature, which has slowed down my own learning of how to play. Maybe I could visit this pack you’re forming about once a month, or you can visit mine—I’ll tell Savina and Anu that you’re a friend—and we can teach each other. Deal?” She stuck out her hand once more, waiting for Skye shake on it. The idea seemed even better the more she thought about it, and she hoped the other she-wolf would agree to it.

You’re welcome,” she replied, not hungry enough yet to eat any herself. Besides, she had eaten berries just as much as she ate meat while she was traveling, and sometimes they were the only thing she could eat when times got tough. None of them were quite as enjoyable to her as they were when she was younger.

At Skye’s obvious curiosity of her horse, Pixie frowned a little. She had yet to meet any canines around these parts that actually rode like her. But she knew there were other horses around here somewhere; she had seen hoof prints, dung, and places where grass and leaves had been chomped at. “My own horse, Magic, is a stallion—a male. He’s pretty tall, taller than me, though I’m pretty short for a Luperci myself and he’s tall for a horse. Anyways, he’s a chestnut—he’s a caramel brown with a reddish mane, and a few white spots.” Snickering, she added, “He’s a complete show-off. He does this fancy, high-stepping jog with his head and neck raised, as if he didn’t look tall enough.

<style>
.pixie-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pixie-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pixie-z91 b {color:#bfb726; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.pixie-z91 {background-color:#bde7f7; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2ponqxj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #bfb726; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#382f0e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.pixie-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread